First Impressions - Anniversary Casting Magic Upgrade vs WMC For A Wizard

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Brickhaus, Mar 22, 2023.

1. Brickhaus Augur

I suspect there is at least one person out there wondering ... what's the difference between the new anniversary Acolyte's Casting Magic of the Selenelion and the old Whispering Midnight Casting Fire and do I have to bother doing the anniversary mission upteen times to get one?

The obvious answer is, of course, everything helps. And yes, you should still be using your TBM belt as well! (I'm too lazy to do perfect swapping)

The real answer is:
    -there is a slight stat upgrade on the aug itself (10 ac, 70 hme, 2 all heroics, 3 SD)
    -the difference since the patch (cause remember that all our proc damage went down with the reversion of SV affecting procs) is a dps increase of 1,440 (13,247 vs 11,807)
    -unless you use an all-fire lineup, the new casting should fire more as it can be triggered by any spell, rather than just fire spells for the WMCF

This is mainly from running the Door mission (on a burn) and the anniversary mission (burn at the end) with an aug swap sometime over the weekend when I actually got one. I box a group, with a druid and enchanter along with a wizard. The wizard uses a heavy fire lineup (just vortex as a non-fire spell).

At some point, I'll run some more controlled test parses. But as the mission is only in for another month and a half or so, figured someone would like the early info.