WHY??Restricted the Level Cap server reward: In-Game Item: Bag of Currency to Vaniki and Live server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by AraduneKnight, Mar 15, 2023.

1. AraduneKnight New Member

Daybreak,

• Restricted the Level Cap server reward: In-Game Item: Bag of Currency to Vaniki and Live servers.
    Please explain why this change was made instead of just making this not be tradable on the no-trade servers. This completely guts the rewards except for the people who have already claimed them on other TLPs and this effectively ruins a lot of people's reason for playing etc on Vaniki... such a bad decision IMO.

:(
    Yinla and The_Kras_Man like this.
  2. MischiefTLP Augur

Making the currency No Trade wouldn't do much, you would buy items which are tradeable. If only they had made this decision earlier then Vaniki could have been a July merge.
  3. Grummle Journeyman

Lol someone thought they were going to start the new TLP with a bag of plat
  4. The_Kras_Man New Member

The silver lining is that I have one less server to play on and one less account to pay for. They definitely aren't incurring any good will on my end with these shenanigans. Very poor planning and implementation on their behalf.

God forbid we get a gear boost for 8-week TLP content in late eras which are normally super dead. Seemed like getting us to keep logging on, paying for an account, and playing their game was a good trade-off for that perk's existence.
  5. anonymous_ Lorekeeper

Cross server claimable raid currency rewards seemed like a really bad idea to me from the start. Not surprised they're restricting it. The most efficient way to progress on server A shouldn't be to go raid on server B.
  6. The_Kras_Man New Member

The thing people seem to forget is that you need to clear the appropriate raid tier to be able to purchase the right item (e.g. beating the 1st fight in solteris allows you to buy the bracers with phosphenes but nothing else). This in itself is enough of a balancing mechanic since you can't twink yourself in BiS gear before clearing an xpac which is why I think the account-wide raid currency reward was a great idea to get live and tlp players engaged on another server after they reach 'raid logging' mode on their main server. It also addresses the attrition experienced by late-stage TLPs where we have 8 weeks in an xpac, 1 or 2 of which may be devoted to progression, and where a missed week or two can compromise someone's gear level for months.

Now, what is the practical application of this reward? If i was a live player that cleared all that content in-era, what use is the raid gear to me? If I wanted to give it to alts, I'd have to clear the raids on those alts to unlock the items for purchase. If I play on Vaniki and am perpetually 10 levels below the original level cap of the xpac we are on, I likely can't clear raids to be able to buy all the stuff. If I am on Vaniki and I am further ahead in content and clear older raids to unlock the purchasable gear, I can likely get group-tier stuff in whatever xpac is current that will be better. Why am I motivated to pursue those rewards?

I acknowledge issues on mischief but those issues are entirely relegated to that server's particular ruleset (tradeable raid items) and the fact that they are in Solteris. Do we really think they will have the same problem in VoA? Even if that would have been the case, DPG's solution should have been localized to the affected server(s). Instead, we got a Hasbro-tier over-correction.

The consistent killer of TLPs is attrition which is probably why we didn't get much complaining about the achiev from Coirnav, Mangler, Aradune, and Rizlona.
  7. ConcernedCitizen New Member

This change has completely screwed the FV economy. Multiple people coming in selling 100k+ ToL raid coins, dumping hundreds of ores into the economy and completely tanking the value of everything.

Combine that with the guy who has been duping items for the last two expansions and DBG has made it abundantly clear they don't care about that server. Very frustrating.
    Ssdar likes this.
  8. AethDW Elder

Well ya what do you expect to happen when they generated a bunch of bag holders hoping to use those claims on their accounts on Aradune, Rizlona etc. Especially with the one claim per account, there's no reason not to let folks claim the bags on no drop TLPs.
    Froger likes this.
  9. ConcernedCitizen New Member

The people doing this were never wanting to claim on other TLPs. They were boxing raids and planning on cashing in on Mischief when TBS went live. Now that that's not an option anymore it's flooding FV.
  10. Froger Lorekeeper

speak for yourself. there were several groups doing it legitimately to gear their own small mans.