Anniversary Quests and Missions - for all levels

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rijacki, Mar 17, 2023.

1. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Is there any site that has the active Anniversary quests and missions listed with the level ranges they can be done? Not all characters are max level.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Not that I ever found but there is a list for level of the Fabled when they appear

You can kind of figure the block of Anniversary ones from 5th to the 13th can be done by most players just cause they are so old and our levels now are more pumped up - but those come out in the second release.

Anything past the 14th will have 99% higher level quests. I think around that time they stopped releasing expansions, missions, tasks etc for any level under 115:(

https://www.bonzz.com/anniversary.htm
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=6782
    Quatr likes this.
  3. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Thanks. Same places plus another that I was trying to look at last year and the year before, too. It's rather frustrating. The group I hang with on Fridays is <80 due to very limited play time and a desire to just fiddle about for fun and sadly, due to real like stuff, the group has dwindled to 4 at most (we used to have a full group and were doing the DoN progression because of potential dragons at the end). I was hoping to try motivate them to do some anniversary stuff and was trying to look ahead to figure out which characters of ours might be able to do stuff.

Sadly, potentially the only thing we can do is the drunk gnome race. If it requires rolling a new character, not sure that's possible either, since we're all a bit alt-a-holics.
  4. Riou EQResource

You'd probably just have to look at your levels and what expansion was out for that level then that years + any prior
  5. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

We all have our own "whines" or complaints and mine is in the so-called casual content like Events and such.

I definitely got "spoiled" by EQ2's approach to events with centralised hubs for events (as in most of the quest givers in a specific location not spread out all through the world needing a map and a 3rd party site to find), an abundance of quests and activities for low levels some of which also scales to higher levels, multiple new things each year for each event that isn't just another food or drink (often house items or appearance items), and, more importantly, actual details and information from Daybreak as well as 3rd party sites on where to find the event stuff.

Or maybe it's just that fluff is minimal in EQ unless you buy it on the Marketplace.

Doesn't really matter. Real life stuff claimed my group so I will be trying to find stuff solo. At least I can do so with a higher level so it might not all be locked to me. I really want to be excited about the event but I suspect I will walk away frustrated again. I prefer playing EQ over EQ2 except for the events and lack of housing items and appearance options without paying real money.
  6. aiha Saryrn [Bertox]

Some instances scale down to 75 and (with modern buffs) are actually really easy:

Unity (rewards don't scale down, req 110 and 115) [a very burly gnoll's DOT doesn't scale down; I do with a 75monk who has 1 tick to purify body or i die].

Formal Dinner Party once you learn this one it can solo'd in ~10 minutes at 75. Only the weapon racks don't scale down, and have 1-2 million HP which is a chore at 75. I usually have a taskadd'd higher level that kills racks if I don't have all 4 pieces by then. The reward aug is req75 and $$$.

Cleansing the Ground another one easy at 75, at least for the reward. I've never actually bothered to complete it, just kill pumpkins/frogs/trees and make potion. Reward is great and clickable at 75.

Lost but not Forgotten doable at 75, but the reward (trophy) cannot be activated until 110.

There are some other instances in the same era that scale down but will be very hard because of mechanics or non-scaling npc abilities.. IE Pirates of Timorous Deep, Liquid Courage, maybe War Games?

AFAIK all the other 21-24th anniversary instances are required 95-100ish, apart from maybe some solo tasks?
    Quatr likes this.
  7. Notinterested Augur

So far from what i am seeing the instances are incredibly easy.

The mobs in unity are DB to at 120 with the quest mobs and bosses being yellow but they are very wimpy. Tanking 4-8 at a time with little issues.

Lost but not forgotten you have to watch for the mini boss that charms otherwise its easier.
  8. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

For real life reasons, half of my usual group couldn't make it tonight so I took my 120 out to do a few and was joined by the only other one who had the night available (but not on his 120).

I am very happy to say the 2 'solo' tasks from 24th would be doable pretty low with no kills required. Even nicer, they're the two with a "bonus" for a "hidden" step.
    • Misgnomer sends you to Iceclad Ocean which does have 30ish roamers but invis and careful avoidance would make it possible to do even lower, i.e. a new character. All other locations are safe even for a new character and are pre-original Luclin.
    • Footloose and Fancy Free sends you to Firiona Vie with 20ish drachnids that can also be avoided with invis on an extremely low character. However, one of the locations is Kelethin so an 'evil' would need to be careful (especially with a close roaming guard) and another is West Freeport with roaming Militia that will murderlate low level characters (one of these days I might figure out or remember which faction(s) they hate). All the locations are pre-original Luclin with 2 of them original starting zones.
    Of the ones mentioned on the Festival announcement page, School Supplies from year 22, requires kills in Old Paineel (The Hole) which are mid to high 50s. While I used to love a dungeon crawl there, that's not a place you can send a very new character. Also only pre-original Luclin zones.
    I ran out of time to do any others 'cause I couldn't start until late due to real life.
    So, the year a quest came out isn't a good gauge of what content it uses or even if it is a quest that can be done by very low level.
    Our Friday group recently started new "baby ebils" that are mid-20 to upper 30s depending on which combo of players/characters were available when we were playing in part because we had a departure (real life interference) of 2 of our "regulars" and we want to keep that particular group 'together' if/when schedules change. One other of the group has a couple 120s (as do I) with another heading that way but still not 110 yet because we have a different regular group on Sunday (spanning 2 continents and 3 countries with 8 time zones between - this is why I love online gaming :) ). Thus, as one of the defacto cat-herders, I am often looking for what specific level ranges can do. I had a gap of many years between when I originally played and now, lots of stuff I missed in the middle. But, I am actively avoiding going to far into the min/max stress of the gameplay that burned me out on MMOGs several years ago.
    Sorry for the rant. But I do still think Daybreak could to A LOT better by EQ because they do so much better by EQ2.
    Nennius and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.