Please Tell Us Earlier!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Delacroix, Feb 6, 2023.

1. FranktheBank Augur

You guys are way overthinking this. It's not announced because it's not decided on yet lol.
  2. ISmellLikeInnySwamp Augur

Has anyone ever seen an EQ developer and Frank post around the same time? I haven't! Frankthebank is still open to a PvP, Free Trade, Relaxed True Box, Random Loot, Level Restricted, All Classes & Races in Classic start TLP. May cannot come soon enough!
  3. Cheet Elder

That would explain a lot.
    Nobody else may remember Ice Giants but Cheet does. Cheet does indeed.
  4. FranktheBank Augur

Drop the PVP and that would be a neat server
  5. MaestroM Augur

I just assume people who post about wanting a PvP server are memeing

I kinda wish they would do a PvP server on a year where they release two servers just so we would have proof that the only people who want a PvP server are the same 3-4 people who post on the forums.
    Wyre Wintermute, Zrender and Stymie like this.
  6. FranktheBank Augur

They sorta are memeing. They smart ones know that there is not nearly enough people to warrant a pvp server and are hoping to be annoying enough to get what they want. The dumb ones are delusional into believing the others are serious.
    Appren and Stymie like this.
  7. Overcast451 Augur

Yeah, I would like to hear sooner rather than later also. Particularly since the TLPs are released in the spring time.. or perhaps a few 'hints'.

By the time they are announced, I have often already started with outdoors stuff and don't think to check back and see what's going on. I'll end up just single-player gaming it all summer. Then by the time I'm ready to settle in again, the TLPs are at Luclin or later.

Only came to the forums today to see if there were any announcements - even though I figured there wouldn't be yet.. :)
  8. CancelCulture New Member

I would also love to hear a bit earlier. Just kinda bumping the thread to see if we can get word to the actual devs who make the decision on this. I love the rush in the beginning and also like to take time off.
  9. uk6999 Augur

PVP never made sense to me in this game not because it isnt enjoyable but the amount of balance that it requires is obscene and probably not on the road map to be re-introduced for a game that has been out for over 20 years. PVP would be fun while classes are semi balanced early on ( before AAs and gear ) but people would find ways around truebox and keyclone mages/etc for griefing then you would be left with a deserted server being merged into another deserted server down the road.

At best I could see PVP being fun in a short life event server that has greatly increased xp/drops so the focus is mainly on PVP and not on leveling/gearing.
  10. Lejaun Augur

A new TLP PVP server in a nutshell : Zone into Commonlands or somewhere else, immediately get attacked by 6+ mages launching spells at you while their pets attack (and some trying to root) you. Weee!
    Appren likes this.
  11. FL!P Augur

I dunno man. I think a majority of people playing EQ at this point do not work actually. So many people that play this game are just riding disability, or just don't do anything. As an adult the only real way to progress is to have no job, no family, no responsibilities. Raiding requires 4 hour sessions at minimum with no interruptions which is not realistic in today's climate. ( if your not a complete waste of life that is.) Big reason why the community has become so toxic too. Most of the raid scene is filled with people who have no real life accomplishments, so they must flex their mighty epeen and create political guild positions that are about as meaningful as a wet fart. But the wet fart atleast sometimes brings relief which is more than most guild leaders / officers provide.

EQ used to be about just hanging out and chatting with people *having fun*. But now there are better platforms to communicate and hang out in. So the social, fun side of eq is gone and all that is left is .... the worst aspects of it. EQ is now nothing more than a jobsite for sad people to farm Kronos for their business because real work was not an option. Or for sad people to feel important via made up useless positions on guilds.

If the only fun aspect of a game is the first 48 hours of a server that opens up once a year.... then oof.
  12. Crabman Augur

If this is your view of eq... then what are you doing here?

Like, I dont mean this to be mean or condescending, we can all have our opinions. But your opinion of the game and the people who play it seems to be incredibly low. Yet here you are on the forums talking about the game you seem to despise. So why?
    code-zero, Rasper Helpdesk and Appren like this.
  13. Grummle Journeyman

"Better" eh... Hanging out, having fun, and chatting with friends who I've made over various TLPs is why I still enjoy EQ.
  14. Obliteration Elder

People take time off work for launches? The hell do you do all day in EQ?
  15. Delacroix Journeyman

Level - race to the top level for fun.
  16. Dmitry Elder

My boss told me today I cannot "tentatively take any 5 days off in May or June." Some damn nonsense about scheduling. This is why CovidTime was way better.
  17. Ownanat Journeyman

I just need to give 10 days advance notice 2 get vacation at my work. (Gov union jobs are the best.)
  18. code-zero Augur

So there's 100k+ "original players" just waiting for a PvP server but not even one in twenty of that number can be enticed to just log on to Zek regularly FOR FREE to blow up the population there and prove that a PvP TLP would be viable? Sounds legit :rolleyes:
    Wyre Wintermute, Nennius and Lejaun like this.
  19. Dmitry Elder

Jen Chan says early April. I just wanted to circle back to this thread and say thank you for listening.
    Faydra likes this.
  20. RABKkehhalla Elder

Okay
    Hekkthebank likes this.