Raid Quest

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cloud the Third, Mar 15, 2023.

1. Cloud the Third Augur

Is there a reason why DZ zone raids don't require all 6 players to be within 30 level range but when I try to get a raid that is using the quest system it does require being within a 30 level range?

I am guessing this is just a limitation of the quest system where you can't have 1 quest require being within 30 levels but another one not.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Can you provide examples of raids with this issue and if the lower levels can get the raid at all?
  3. Cadira Augur

Welcome back from retirement!
  4. Cloud the Third Augur

2 examples of ones I have had issues with are the following.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=3470

The other one I can't remember the name off hand but it was in Depths of Darkhollow and is needed for an explorer achievement.

Cloud is level 118 right now but my boxes are level 85, 87, 90, 92, 106. I know level 85 is higher than the level needed to do these raids.
  5. Cloud the Third Augur

Yea I know they really need to put an addiction warning label on this game, I have tried to quit a few times but I just keep coming back.

I am a software engineer and the company I work for is annoying me right now because I love to code but I feel like I am sitting around doing nothing most days waiting on other people. Maybe I should apply to work on EQ. =)
    Rijacki likes this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Thanks for providing that additional information.
  7. Cloud the Third Augur

8. Smokezz The Bane Crew

The task based raids are very old, and were replaced long ago by expeditions. The level limits were removed since they're not relevant to raids... Task based raids shared the quest system.
  9. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

It's like a bad rash. :p

I am a software test engineer for living. I go stomp on things in game when I've had to submit too many bug reports on the code the software engineers "finished". I'm good at breaking things :p (which is to say I am good at figuring out the intersections of features that likely will not perform as they should or what part of the feature requirements the developer would have tested against while not testing against implied requirements). I hate waiting for a build before I can go in and see what wasn't fixed.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

11. Dre. Altoholic

Level caps are archaic. Get rid of them all.
  12. FranktheBank Augur

Because this game is held together with duct tape.