Increase banked AA

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Shredd, Mar 6, 2023.

1. Moege Augur

9 raids some of the events is long enough that you have time to glyph 2x
    240/45 = 5.33 so lets be generous and say that with all the adds you kill you can glyph 6x.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If your going to start refunding AAs with nothing to purchase the AA banked limit needs to be removed.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth and Toukan like this.
  3. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Why? Did you not get use out of those AAs? If there is nothing to buy now because you are maxed out, there would have been nothing back then either. Every time a consolidation happens, I am personally happy a new character does not have to climb the same AA mountain I did.
    Emilari, Ssdar and Rijacki like this.
  4. Syylke_EMarr Augur

+2 because I assume you have the Glyphs already purchased and the Loyalty vendor clicky items as well.

Personally, I don't see this as an issue. The cap will keep going up as we get more levels anyway.
    Rijacki likes this.
  5. Nilwean Elder

When they increased the cost.of glyphs, they probably chose the new costs based off the bank size, so I don't see this happening.
  6. Spacemonkey555 Augur

So will the aa cost of glyphs..
    Allayna likes this.
  7. Tucoh Augur

As a non-raider I'd love an increase to AA count just because spending all these AAs on all these mediocre but expensive abilities before I hit my AA cap is a chore. #firstworldproblems
    Tegila and Vumad like this.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And they likely choose the costs of them based on how many AA a player can save up at any given time. If they wanted players to be able to use them more often they wouldn't make them expendable AA in the first place.
    Rijacki likes this.
  9. Syylke_EMarr Augur

This is an issue of resource management and greed, not an issue with game design. You don't need to be able to Glyph nonstop for an entire raid night.

(And changing it so you can would eventually lead to a rebalancing of raid events that would have negative impacts on us all, so yeah)
    Aenvar, Svann2, Rijacki and 1 other person like this.
  10. CrazyLarth Augur

cant they give an option to create an GYRPH item from the AA then raiders can just store the GYRPH item is one option.
  11. Svann2 The Magnificent

Are you saying you glyph every raid sometimes twice, or just stating it theoretically as the worst possible case?

In my experience the people that need to glyph the most are the ones that cant afford it anyway because they havent got their regular aas finished. The ones that have aa capped usually dont need to glyph very much. I mean, unless you are glyphing to win the parse?
  12. Moege Augur

Glyphing to make it into top 10 and make event shorted as a bonus, max aa myself.
  13. Svann2 The Magnificent

14. Fenthen aka Rath

You can have 3x level in banked AA, and you will earn AA up to 2x your level.

360 banked AA is the hard cap right now. 240 AA is the soft cap.
  15. Serdar New Member

If the logic not to allow more banked AA's referred to in this thread is accurate, that logic isn't sound. So there's no reason not to allow more banked AAs.

I feel like there's probably a better reason than the "potential" of people buying all the good AAs on xpac launch days. First of all that would only apply to non level increase xpacs. When AAs are locked behind levels it doesn't matter how many AA you have banked. You're still not getting to buy them immediately.

More importantly than the above, AAs aren't difficult to get. If this banked AA thing is an issue to the Everquest "decision makers", it's a red flag. Idk why but my gaslight detector is on. Maybe people aren't beating these non-issues to death, or maybe I'm seeing it everywhere.

Personally I think there should be no limit on banked AAs. There's a bunch of AAs that cost over 100 that you should be able to buy all at once if you saved enough points. It feels like the game is just needlessly pressuring you to spend the points. Apparently, don't think, just spend, is the ruling mechanic.
    Tegila and Allayna like this.
  16. Bigstomp Augur

I glyph often, but that's more to do with avoiding the max aa messages for a bit than it is an actual need.
    Allayna and Svann2 like this.
  17. Ishbu Augur

Looking at this from a TLP perspective, the 2x your level cap being a constant through all of eq is a little silly.

A level 60 character in Luclin can bank 120 aas, an era where no class has even 500 total aa's, but a live player at 120 can only bank 240(through xp) where they have 10s of thousands of aas.

You cant tell me thats not a little out of whack from one end or the other.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It wasn't the "potential" to buy all AA's on launch day, people actually banked up enough AA to do that and later complained about the lack of AA to earn.

As for your complaint about being pressured to spend the points that is actually better for you as you don't gain anything by waiting to spend them.
    Yinla and Allayna like this.
  19. Vumad Cape Wearer

How about just increasing the number of banked glyphs above 1. Seems like an easy solution to increasing the max number of "banked" glyphs to 10.
    Fenthen and FranktheBank like this.
  20. Tegila Augur

I agree. When trying to bank for ranks that cost over 200 each it get easy to forget after a while of forcing yourself to stop checking. The earned cap is way too close to the cost of some things.
    Allayna and Svann2 like this.