Mischief 2.0 in May 2023

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by mrmine, Feb 1, 2023.

1. Aiona Augur

potatoes
  2. Aiona Augur

Speaking of delusional, I used to want the same thing. I felt very strongly in favor of truebox. In fact, if it weren't for the fact that my husband and I both play EQ, I would have been in favor of the whole "only allow one connection per IP" restriction some players were trying to bring into action years ago.

But now, 10 more years have past and I am done kidding myself. Boxing isn't going anywhere. It's likely to become more prevalent, if anything.

I don't think you understand my point of view, but it's not important that you do. But before you go off adding more flippant responses to my posts, just know that you're acting this way toward someone that wants the same thing you do.
    Crabman likes this.
  3. Biawak New Member

I don't mind boxing. I do dislike box armies though, 10+ characters moving as one and killing everything in sight.

I always thought removing autofollow would be a good compromise. It wouldn't stop boxing, but at least make boxers work a bit harder for it.

The other thing I would suggest is to increase the xp a bit more for solo players/smaller groups. Most casual players usually don't have a full group and at the moment xp is so inefficient soloing that you might as well not. A full group should always be better xp, but just give the guys soloing while LFG a better reason to.
  4. Arclyte Augur

yearly TLP launches killing the previous server doesnt help either
  5. Cirise (Juvia) Journeyman

Maybe limit the campfires to just a zone port as well - some early key'ing can be broken with it, probably just easier to limit campfires to near the zone-ins as a result. (Although man, upper dogs would be 100x nicer to get to with boxes)
  6. FranktheBank Augur

So make it impossible for legitimate boxers and also leave cheaters alone? Good plan...
    Cirise (Juvia) likes this.
  7. jordune Augur

im excited about a new mischief 2.0 server
    im personally really hoping for relaxed truebox at the start
    would Love to see a velious start though.. do velious for 6 months then back to the normal unlock time.
    would love to see them unlock zerkers and besties at the start.
    also like to see Motm be done away with BUT mabby knock the max raid number down to 54 .. let people run smaller raids/ guilds..
    dont want to see plvl groups but the only fix for this is to stop the evergrind mindset that DPG has.. tweek the xp rates Up some. ( im 56 years old now and simply dont have the time to play like i did back in 2k )

i agree with alot of what some folks say here about truebox. its useless. i know people who 18 box with friggen pads.
    controlling the loot and encouraging nodrop loot is = to those Same people Selling loot via loot rights.
    with pick zones and Aoc's the small guy gets His chance to get the same gear without having to pay some mega boxers rent
    let people box 3 toons ( relaxed ) if they want. doesn't in the end mater to you
  8. Biawak New Member

Well I assume this would hit the bigger box armies the hardest. For people who box just 2 characters it is at best a bit of an inconvenience.
    Most likely never going to happen because a box army is still 20 subscriptions/month, but I can hope at least :).
  9. TheRealMuramx Elder

Na random is great it opened up a lot of the "camps" that are typically empty because of the lack of anything good dropping. I always think the people that are against random loot are the ones that sit in a camp with a high value item not letting anyone else attempt to get one so they can corner the market and make people pay some outrageous price.
  10. Aiona Augur

It feels like this to me as well. Either that, or the concept of random loot blows their mind and it feels like EverQuest has "changed" too much for them to enjoy their nostalgia trip. Haha :)
    TheRealMuramx likes this.
  11. Faydra Augur

It absolutely does. Truebox is very effective outside of those circumventing hardware requirements via VM's.

The number of people 6 boxing would skyrocket without truebox enabled at the start. A lot of people playing TLP's 2-3 box and have at least 2-3 machines at their disposal, very few want to bother with or even have 4-6 machines.

A new server without truebox enabled would turn into Rizlona 2.0 on launch day, though some people might like it that way with Mischief rules. I certainly wouldn't care for it, it would be a very lonely and isolated launch experience outside of guild chat.

That said, I'm all in on relaxing truebox after PoP or Omens when everyone starts boxing to get things done in absence of a PUG/LFG game existing and a much smaller server population.
  12. FranktheBank Augur

I am not discussing the size of the boxer. I am saying the people who box within the rules of truebox (1 acct per pc/laptop) without cheat software would be the ones affected by /follow. People using cheat software dont use /follow.
  13. Aiona Augur

I concede. Sound logic.

I keep equating 2-3 boxing with 6 boxing, and there are differences there. without considering the differences between them.
  14. Magician9001 Augur

Meanwhile on p99 ...

The people using cheat software don't use /follow. They use cheat programs which are better the /follow.
  15. Grummle Journeyman

I wish they'd nerf mercs down to be appropriate for vanilla+ and then just give us access to them. I feel like it would (at least for me) really reduce the feeling of needing to have a box for when someone isn't on.
    Then just make it so (maybe it already is?) Mercs can't be used in DZs.
  16. Obliteration Elder

Go into another pick, open your own DZ when possible, go to another camp.

If none of those work and you really want that item then do the same thing most people did in 99/00.

Camp something else, sell it and buy what you want.

Random is horrible, triple loot is even worse.

Having most things tradeable is not my fave thing either, but I can put up with it, the other two are not EQ enough for me (and likely many others)
  17. Obliteration Elder

The only thing that was "opened" is "What can we do which is the easiest way possible to get all the loot"

Which turned into "This isn't enough plat/krono per hour, so isn't worth my time"

Not playing that game, it's not even EQ anymore.

I get that many people love triple loot and love fighting super easy fights while getting chances at some of the best drops in the game I'm just not one of those people
    Arclyte likes this.
  18. Obliteration Elder

I wish they would actually make people follow the rules on playing more than one account, ban the crap out of those people until most cheaters stopped cheating
  19. Arclyte Augur

You do not need mercs at launch lol

there are thousands of people grouping in every leveling zone for a long time
  20. TheRealMuramx Elder

Mischief had a ton of people boxing right out of the gate. Then I started seeing posts on here, discord, facebook... etc people asking what the minimum requirements were to play the game... wonder why? Because people went out and bought potatoes to box on, which made real boxers or those running 6+ good computers look bad when their auto follow boxes would run all over the place and they would pull massive trains. it was fun to watch, annoying if you were involved.