Mischief 2.0 in May 2023

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by mrmine, Feb 1, 2023.

1. FranktheBank Augur

Well, you are still under the illusion that KSing exists. It doesn't. So when you look at it from the correct perspective, you are paying to ensure you can win the dps race.
  2. Aiona Augur

You're so silly, Frankie darling, but I appreciate that you took the time to respond <3
  3. RABKkehhalla Elder

No such thing as ksing
  4. Orph New Member

Don't be pedantic.

There's no "official" KSing, but we all know what behavior she means. Call it KSing, call it being a jerk, call it Betty and give it a kiss, if you like, but don't pretend you don't know what she's saying.

She said she found it frustrating. Isn't that enough?
    Appren, TheRealMuramx and Arclyte like this.
  5. TheRealMuramx Elder

I would have stayed on Mischief because I loved 90% of it but a guild kinda bummed me out so I stopped playing for a month. And when I came back I spent 2 weeks LFG. Talking to people to get groups going and it was a bust. It was basically like being on live. Set groups and boxers, no one LFG, the best not could get was a partial group and that didn't last long. To be honest all the players against a Mischief 2.0 are people playing on Mischief that don't want to see the players that are still their leave because they have played further along on a TLP then they normally do and would jump ship.

I would be ok with a Mischief 2.0 with some tweeks from the issues the server had because it's good for the game. It brought a lot of people back which means more income, which means more content (or I'd like to hope.) Also even though we all hate Krono farmers those Kronos still have to come from here. My thoughts on tweeks off the top of my head.

1) 6 weeks for classic. 8 weeks seems to be too long and people bail and forget to come back. 4 weeks means rush rush rush. Expansions should be released in the middle ground.

2) Balance the loot better. On Classic PoSky and Phinny had loot that dropped nowhere else which defeats the purpose of random loot. PoP was bad with Grumus and the 2 guys in PoNightmare people would farm for gear that was well higher then appropriate. And in OoW as much as I liked Anguish loot dropping in the MPG raids. Those raids are extremely easy and you would split 2-4 raids on them depending on the guild and the amount of loot drops was out of control.

3) No truebox.

4) I am not a fan of making everything attunable. But maybe put a limit on how many times an item can be traded, with the exclusion of using shared bank so people don't waste a trade giving an item to a trader. This would let people pass gear down to alts/boxes and also help the market out.
  6. Moforyguy12345 Augur

I hope if Classic is a must they make it one month. Its practically torture at this point. Everyone chant Kunark start! Kunark start! Kunark starrrrrttt.
  7. Zansobar Augur

Plane of Sky should probably have just been moved to Kunark launch that way casters can contribute and people aren't finishing epics within 5 mins of Kunark unlocking too. Having POS in Classic is also one of the biggest reasons that Classic has to be longer because there is little chance most guilds can farm Sky enough in less than two months.

This TLP needs to be a similar ruleset to Mischief, but with the bonus loot toned down and with tweaks to the random loot to improve that experience. Why DPG can't see that was the best ruleset and just tweak that one for each of the annual TLP launches is beyond me. It's almost like they hate money and hate bringing thousands of players back to the game or something.
  8. Arclyte Augur

yea i dont think removing content from classic is the answer
  9. Obliteration Elder

Free trade is fine if you need something gimmicky, random loot is a no go imo.

Go to Mischief for that trash
  10. TheRealMuramx Elder

The toxic people that do it changed the name to "DPS Race" so it wouldn't sound as malicious. That's the biggest thing I miss about SOE is they enforced a Play Nice Policy, people would get booted from guilds and be blacklisted. They even had a page when those people would name change they couldn't hide from it. The quality of players without it has tanked.
    filthytlpplayer likes this.
  11. Obliteration Elder

Nearly everything is instanced or their are picks.

Pick a different camp or pop a dz.
  12. uk6999 Augur

The problem I have run into on most TLPs I have played ( if i stayed around long enough ) is somewhere after PoP, usually OoW there is a steep up-tick in boxing within the guilds I have been in. People start running 4-6 and have their own group so they can do progression and questing on their time and not rely on others. Good on them! However, it creates an invisible wall of having to weasel your way into guild groups ( there were always be PuGs in zones like Splitpaw, etc ) but to quest or do progression you need help and once people do progression they usually dont want to do it again for someone else, guildy or not because progression can be and usually is painful. Same can be said for epic quests, etc. How many times people want to do the same fight over and over?

If you have the mindset of knowing you will probably need to box your own team at some point you can make it pretty far in a TLP. Boxing can be enjoyable but not with true box at least for me otherwise I would be doing the same!

TLDR: true box doesnt really solve anything and should be taken out
  13. Madae Elder

I like the idea of a random loot server again. Not sure about no drop changes. I like the idea of no krono transfers, only new krono purchased on the server can be used for trade. I don't really know what to say about boxing, it seems like there are tons of people who break this rule every time and never get punished for it, but I don't really like playing with people that box, it limits the amount of party space available since lots of people will want to box a cleric, druid or enchanter. Most people tend to be cool about dropping party for people that join, but you still lose a lot of the gameplay of really needing certain classes but having to roll with what you get, it creates a neat and challenging dynamic among parties.
  14. uberkingkong Augur

If Mischief is sooooo good.
    Why would you want a 2.0 when its still going on?

I agree, if you spend so time in a guild and they start doing something else (influenced by someone who is really good, like get in discord, getting in discord bums people out for some reason, some people get bummed out real easy, such a silly tick) or they start to fail to meet expectations, it really crushes the TLP experience, and guilds tend to fold pretty quickly and easily on TLPs.

When a guild has people that are leaving because another guild is better and those leavers were really fun to be around and now they gone, that is crushing too, for both parties, I usually see the person that left quit the game over time because grass is not greener but they wanted to do the raids or complete the raids, now they do it but all they grew up with are in another guild, the guild they joined has a click and even though they welcoming its just not the same.

Also, when raids are beaten and one guild is farming and the other guild is struggling, that's when people guild hop and it tears up the TLP experience. All the fun players leaving and causing tension especially if its a guild they dislike and there's another option which is more friendly or all the options are dislikes by the people in the guild they leaving from.

Another thing is burnout, they need to get voting system working, they need GMs to actually talk to the community to get the vibe. Is this moving too fast too slow? Talk to people in the top guilds like population wise top, not top raiders. Talk to everyone do a good assessment of the vibe.

They are terrible at being GM, they don't see burnout coming and that kills a server as well.
    So TLPs tend to fail because
    1. Community is bad, full of people guild hopping, not loyal
    Some people spend so much effort into making it work and people guild hop anyways, they don't want to see it through, usually I see the person that left for the better guild they eventually quit.
    TLP is like such a rush everywhere, this guild isn't cutting see ya. No one wanting to BiC progression, that guild is doing it. Why are we raiding PoFear again? We should be doing better. See ya.
    2. GMs, they need to be proactive in preventing burnout, change the roadmap if needed
    You don't lay a roadmap and thats that, say like a workout schedule roadmap 2023, oh got a minor injury, can't lift as hard anymore, oh its next month I have to go up in weights, well I can't do it, next month more weight, I can't do it. You know what I can't do it, so I'm quitting, early, in April on my workout schedule roadmap. Need to ADJUST the roadmap.
    The minor injury, people dropping like flies and expansions opening up. Or say the gym won't order the heavier and you are ready for the heavier and its taking forever, know what screw the workout roadmap, I'm quitting, tired of weight the 55s to arrive for me to enjoy working out with.
    People are really enjoying no one can box, maybe they should make this longer. You find this out from mingling with the community, not roadmap set in stone has no relevance how the community is doing.
    Its like a diet plan year long, it doesn't take in how your body is doing and adjusting its just same dietplan. Time to cut, well I never gained weight in the bulking, and I have to cut now? This makes no sense. Well follow the TLP roadmap, too bad. Start cutting.

If people want Mischief 2.0 when Mischief is still in the early era, are people from Mischief burnt out, why would you want 2.0 when Mischief is still going on?
    If it can't last in the long in Mischief run why do a 2.0?

Mischief 2.0, 3.0 4.0 for original zones? again again again? people will get burnt from that as well.
  15. Aiona Augur

100% -- true box is worthless.
  16. Faydra Augur

I think Trevalon said it best in one of these threads.

Truebox is worth having early on in the server's life to ensure not everyone is 6 boxing right out of the gate, but absolutely worth getting rid of after PoP or Omens when the game becomes more progression-based, far less groups are around, and the PUG game has dried up. That's when everyone wants to start boxing anyways.
    Tweakfour17 and MaestroM like this.
  17. TheRealMuramx Elder

Because Mischief has turned into a Live server by this point. There are no groups outside of boxers/guildies with their cliques. With True box enabled a lot of people don't want to deal with having 6 computers just to play the game.
    Faydra likes this.
  18. Taxman's Right Hand New Member

Truebox Free-trade with no random loot. Simple server that would be a great success. Make it happen Darkpaw.
  19. Magician9001 Augur

People that want boxing just refuse to tell the truth, typical lies to promote their toxic playstyle.

There is 17 people between 70 and 75 LFG on Mischief ATM. Turns out with catch up gear and not being forced to quit because the server is overrun with boxers people dont "quit after PoP"

Rizlona pug scene was dead in Kunark.

Nothing worse for a servers health then refusing to limit boxing.
    Arclyte likes this.
  20. Tweakfour17 Augur

This post is amazing.

You come in claiming toxic people are lying to promote their preferred play style and then manage to come to the conclusion that Mischief is not dead because it doesn't have free boxing like Rizlona does. Then you managed to ignore every other Truebox TLP that came before Mischief like Trueboxing rulesets aren't the default state of TLP.

You were so close with the comment on catchup gear (free trade) being a reason the group game is still alive, but not, it's the mean boxers.