Can the New TLP Be Released After Memorial Day?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dethrin15, Mar 3, 2023.

1. Dethrin15 New Member

It seems to be a trend every year that the new TLP is released before Memorial Day, right before most people leave for several days for vacations, and usually are late to the drop because of it. I understand that everyone wants that double exp weekend, but could be please push it to Wednesday the 31st this year instead? I’m sure DPG would get more money from exp pots and not have staff out for the holiday when we get the normal TLP server launch issues. Sure, some people want to spend their 4-day weekend inside on the PC, but a lot of us also like to see some sunshine during the first holiday to kick off the summer.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And I would wager you also have people who prefer the release before that so they can spend time during the holiday playing EQ. Though honestly it is likely too late to change the release date for this year.
    Crabman likes this.
  3. Baulkin Augur

I for one enjoy not having to spend PTO for one of the release leveling days...
    Runes, MaestroM and klanderso like this.
  4. Cheet Elder

You don't have to take time off to level.
    filthytlpplayer likes this.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This all depends on a persons schedule and how quickly they want to level up in preparation for raiding on the server.
  6. Cheet Elder

Not required.

EQ is easy mode xp.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And XP being easy isn't the issue here as some want to get leveled up and start raiding as fast as they can which involves taking time off work if needed. Don't forget this thread is about delaying the launch of the server because of feeling behind from not being able to play at launch.
  8. wade_watts Augur

Lets release it tomorrow. SUPRISE TLP. No announced ruleset, figure it out on your own.
    yepmetoo likes this.
  9. TheRealMuramx Elder

Holidays = exp bonus and I hate having a TLP released and you know people will be max level in 4 hours, but the exp bonus means so will everyone else without trying. Then it seems every Holiday bonus happens 1 week from the next expansion unlock when it's useless because everyone is maxed out....
  10. Kahna Augur

Why not both? You can enjoy the outdoors AND play eq. There is this crazy thing called moderation and time management. Nothing about outdoorsing prevents you from going home in the evening and playing EQ. I 100% spent the morning climbing the dunes at White Sands National Park and it still let me log into EQ that evening! Crazy! I know! There was no timer delaying me from engaging in nerd like activities for 4 days after having participated in an outdoor activity.
    Crabman likes this.
  11. Baulkin Augur

Okay, lets be real. Lets say release date is 5/25 midday. Planning on playing on launch night? That's a crap shoot. You take off Friday because hey, it's a holiday weekend. You get double xp Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Knowing that you arrange a static with the people who you tend to do TLP's with or with a new guild you are joining. You get to 50 pretty easily without stressing out and have a good time. Then because leveling is over with you can spend the actual holiday doing holiday things.

Alternatively you can start the server the day after the holiday when everyone goes back to work. The unemployed, people who will spend 3+ days of pto, and people who work from home will spend the additional 12+ hour xp tax that you are imposing on them and get to 50 first anyway. The more casual members of the guild won't make it to 50 until the end of the next weekend, delaying their guild from being able to raid for the week and cutting them out of probably 1/12 of the raiding schedule in classic.

Meanwhile who profits? Well, the box teams who used the time the casuals spent leveling to lock down the profitable camps so that you can shell out 2 Krono for a pair of gebs and like it :).

Honestly this won't effect me, I'm a workaholic who gets yelled at to spend PTO "or else". It will effect a lot of guilds who want to get to the "fun parts" asap. Most of all it will effect the casuals who along with the box crews (Sorry, the kronolords pay their dues) pay for these TLPS. If you want a populated server the best bet is to play to the casual audience and allow them to bouy the more hardcore audience.

IMO... Mischief rules, relaxed boxing rules (If they keep it in DZ's do you really care?), launch it whenever you think you'll get the highest pop.
  12. Cheet Elder

Hopefully there won't be any classic to mess with.
  13. Tyranthraxus Grognard

Can they release it now? You know during the time of year people are stuck inside and would actually have time to play.
  14. Tymeless Augur

No I want to get my leveling done before I leave on my real vacation in june so let us have our 4 day weekend with extra exp thank you very much!
  15. Arclyte Augur

i think the video game company should release their game based on my personal work schedule or else