Hi! Hello! This is my first time playing Ever Quest!

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by jade712, Jan 30, 2023.

1. jade712 New Member

Hi! Hello! This is my first time playing Ever Quest! No Idea what race, what class, what specialization type to chose and what server type is most advised, suggested, and or recommended for a new player? Yes I am a Paid Monthly Sub All Access in the North East Coast U.S.A.?

Posted on 01/30/2023 at 7:50PM.
  2. Brontus EQ Player Activist

Welcome to Norrath!

The best introduction to EverQuest is found on any of the TLP servers, preferably the newest ones such as Yelinak. That way you can experience the original magic of this MMOPRG.

The easiest class to play is the magician class. They gets pets at level 2 and can summon some cool stuff to help you and other players. There are many other classes that vary in difficulty and utility.

Be sure to ask for help in the newplayers channel and in general. Tell them you are new to the game and you'll get lots of tips and help.

Also, make sure to download the Brewall maps too.

Good luck and don't hestitate to ask more questions.:)
    Hobitses and minimind like this.
  3. Dre. Altoholic

SK/Mag/Bst/Nec
    Vox or Firiona Vie server
    Start in Crescent Reach, but choose 'Tutorial' when you play.
    Shanarias likes this.
  4. Herf Augur

[IMG]
    Aneia, minimind, Looped and 1 other person like this.
  5. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

The tutorial Gloomingdeep Mines is really good to show you how the basics of the game work. Since you have a subbed account, I suggest trying a few different classes through the tutorial.

Pet classes (Beastlord, Mage, Necro, and to a lesser extent Shadow Knight) have a companion to help you which is in addition to a hired mercenary.

The merc, even the healer one, can often take a lot more hits than either you or your pet, too.

After you finish the Gloomingdeep Mines, go to Plane of Knowledge and find the tutorial there, too. Some of it will repeat from the Mines, but other aspects of the game will be covered as well and, like the mines, most will be in interactive ways sending you to different places to do things.

I haven't played on any TLPs so I don't know if the tutorials are available on those servers. BUT, after you have done the tutorial on a character (or two or more) you can always start a new character on a TLP if you want to give that a try, too. There are some newer features of game play unavailable on a TLP until a particular expansion is "unlocked" for that server.

I'm on FV. It was my server when I played years ago so I returned to it when I returned to the game in 2020.

Oh... welcome and have fun! It's all supposed to be about the fun.
    minimind likes this.
  6. Xandos New Member

One thing thats neat to know i guess, is that what Race and what Diety you choose doesnt really mater anymore if you should decide to play on a live Server, i guess that its a whole nother Story on a TLP Server though.
  7. Iven the Lunatic

8. Aiona Augur

Welcome to Norrath, have a lot of fun!
  9. Tiadashi New Member

Howdy's Jade712 and welcome about the EQ train I hope you enjoy it and if you end up playing on Firona Vie, Bristlebane, or Rathe let me know and I can help with questions, starter gear or someone to just group with Cheers!

10. kookoo Augur

welcome to everquest , mage,, beastlord, necromancer , to start is easier ,
    BTW, if you going to try firiona vie ( permanent 50 % xp bonus ) and most items can be traded .

if you try FV, and knowing your toon name , i could help you with a fast horse ( 75 velocity = fastest group speed mount ) and some other stuff,

anyway have fun playing EQ.
  11. ttobey Developer

Welcome to Norrath!
  12. Marton Augur

Welcome!

Beastlord or necromancer would be a good choice to start with.

No matter what server you decide on, look around for a friendly guild. It helps to have people around to guide you on your adventures in Norrath.