Not A Bug a bloated drogan spider not spawning

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Math101, Feb 22, 2023.

1. Math101 Bowsandarrows

a bloated drogan spider in Temple of Droga is not spawning om Bristlebane. Been three days now. Have wiped the room and area several times..... I read that it took 1. - 2 hours to spawn. I am in the right location. I dunno???
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Other players' experience will not match your own.

Droga has multiple PH spread all over the zone for most (all?) named. Bring a tracker to check if its up. Player sites don't always have all possible locations mentioned.

Not enough data to go on, but one possible location:
    https://eq.magelo.com/npc/418974
  3. Math101 Bowsandarrows

I am a Ranger so I can track... It has never been on track. There is nothing written in write ups on what the placeholder is..... I have killed everything in a large area around where it is supposed to spawn several several times over now 3-4 days.... what I need to kill everyhting in this huge zone?? I don't think that is the case. The twitching swordfish and sickly mosquito I needed to catch for this epic before this in other zones they spawned easily.... didn't take several days. I think after the "big" patch last Wednesday this is bugged now. It's not spawning. I've talked to people in the guild and it didn't take this long when they did it before the patch.
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

Ooooh this is an epic spawn not a named, then yeah could be 1-2 hour.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=16779#m11374394432447
    He will spawn when a ranger at the proper spot in their 1.5 quest zones in... provided someone hasn't spawned him in the last two hours.

If you are a ranger and he's not spawning, the only thing I can think of is that you aren't at that point yet.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=2921
    Did you do the hails? Did you do all the turn ins? Did you construct all the traps? Do you have the 1.0 equipped when you zone into Droga (unsure on this but sometimes it matters to have the epic equipped for steps to trigger)?

Are you zoning into the LoY level 48 - 63 Droga or the EoK leve 95 - 105 Droga?
  5. Math101 Bowsandarrows

I am in the right Level 48-63 Temple of Droga. I am in the correct area for the spawn. I don't have to do turn in's yet because I don't have all of the components yet. I guess I never tried equipping my 1.0 when I zoned in so I could try that.
  6. Soulbanshee Augur

You must have completed all of these steps if you already have 2 captured? If you have then maybe it is stuck, but its a triggered spawn you don't have to kill a PH. Check your logs make sure you haven't been killing it accidentally in your clears.

You say, 'Hail, Althele'
    You say, 'What is out of balance?'
    Go to the Rathe Mountains and forage Sickly Maiden's Hair, a rare forage. Give it to Althele.
    You receive a Tuft of Sickly Maiden's Hair.
    Give the tuft to Corun Finisc in Surefall Glades.
    You receive a Borrowed Medicine Bag, a 6-slot SMALL container, and 6 x Magical Sample Vial.
    The clue to the next step is in Corun's "fletching kit" reference. If you open your fletching kit (any fletching kit or planar/collapsible only?) and search for recipes, you'll see a Large Butterfly Net and Eight-Loop Lasso listed, along with the subcombines for each:
    Large Butterfly Net
    Long Net Pole
    Phase Netting
    Eight-loop Lasso
    Fibrous Rope

Maybe try just invising and running into the room where its supposed to pop? If its triggered by proxmity and not by zone in. You can see the room marked on the magelo map.
    From the zone room, drop down the illusory floor and just follow the corridor generally south. My group stayed invis and nothing saw through it. At the first area that opens up from a tunnel to a room, the "A Bloated Drogan Spider" was there directly across from where the tunnel opened up.
  7. Math101 Bowsandarrows

I know it's not spawned from a Placeholder. I tried equipping my Epic weapons... that didn't work. I have not been accidentally killing it... I know that. I know the Location where it is supposed to be on the map and the coordinates +450, +410. It's never been there. I guess I could try being Invis but I really don't see what that matters. The mob should already be there. If someone else has killed it, then it respawns in 1.5 - 2 hours. If you ask me this is bugged.
  8. TrueNorth Developer

Could not reproduce this. This encounter appears to be working as intended on the Bristlebane server.
    Please make sure you are on the correct step of the quest. Thank you for your report!
    CatsPaws likes this.
  9. Math101 Bowsandarrows

I have done every step of the quest. I have the eight loop lasso to catch it.... I have caught the sickly mosquito and and the twitching swordfish already. I just went to the Temple of Droga again. The bloated drogan spider is not there! I don't know how you can say it is working as intended??
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Do you have the Borrowed Medicine Bag as Soulbanshee mentioned?
    Also, what level are you?
  11. Math101 Bowsandarrows

Yes I do have the Borrowed Medicine Bag.... I'm level 83 so this should be no probelm. Other people in my guild have gone to the zone to see if the spider is there and they confirmed to me that it was not there as well.
  12. Math101 Bowsandarrows

I don't need to do anything in the quest to actually get it to "spawn". It should be there in the first place no matter what and it's not there no matter what. So it's not a matter of someone killing it and it not spawning in 1.5 - 2 hours. Just not there. Has a GM of the game gone there to look for themselves??
  13. Soulbanshee Augur

Yes, you don't need to do anything, but its a triggered spawn when you have the required flags as opposed to a PH or static spawn like epic 1.0 mobs can be.

TrueNorth is a GM (QA) and said above they verified on Bristlebane.
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

He will only spawn when a ranger at the proper spot in their 1.5 quest zones in... provided someone hasn't spawned him in the last two hours. No one else will see him or find him on track until you have spawned him.

He is very easy to kill. So only have your lasso equipped and sometimes we had to go nude.And turn around so you don't riposte him, take off all ds

Hate to keep repeating what others have said but unless your at the right place in your epic and have gotten all the hidden flags then he is not going to spawn. When you petition and or the dev answers us with the comment "Please make sure you are on the correct step of the quest" means your not at the right step for some reason. I know from past experiences with quests I thought were broken. Sure enough after going over it again (one sometimes going over them more than once) I was able to get thru the snag

There is code that will check your inventory and epic flags when you zone in.

Do you still have the sample vials on you?

Someone posted this pic of where he spawns but I have not verified it.

[IMG]
  15. Math101 Bowsandarrows

Thank you for your posts.... this explains things better to me. I am in the right spot but I don't have sample vials and stuff on me..... I will try these things out... thank you again!
  16. Math101 Bowsandarrows

Ok... yes this is not broken.... I didn't know you needed to have like the medicine bag and sample vials on you to make sure the spider was in the zone.... so yes now I have captured it.... it works. Thank you to everyone who helped me realize this! Bows
    Stymie likes this.
  17. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Thanks for letting us know you made it over that hump ;) and you were able to capture it without killing it accidentally over and over which was another block

I knew the sample vials were needed because I did the same thing. Now, no matter what quest, I carry all the step rewards or ingredients