Breaching the Barrier ( VoA )

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Orbital101, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Orbital101 Augur

Trying to do this task for the achievements but one of them achievement should be finish the mission without crashing. Everyone started crashing soon as we got on agro and then spend 30 mins to try to log back in without crashing at char select. 3 of us with the same result so it is not just me. If you can look into it and see whats goooing on. I got alot of other things to work on for VoA Master of Allaris but at my pace I might only have that left at end of week. Unless something else goes wrong.
  2. Orbital101 Augur

Seem that soon as we play with the undead the crash is starting, some does it less then the others but none more then me. Anyone know what could cause this? its the only zone/event/MM mission that i crash like that. The crash ends soon as the undead area is cleared... any seting i could lower down or remove for the time beeing with the undead? considering i do not expect a fix soon aswell do with but i dont see me geting the Barrier-Breaker any time soon this way.
  3. Edrick Augur

It's definitely the undead area. I posted this issue recently in the tech forums but who knows if that will even get acknowledged. I'll copy/paste what I posted there:

I want to complete the achievement "Master of Alaris," and it requires you to beat all the missions. I've run into a roadblock with this mission.

It is a monster mission where you shroud as a few of the Norrathian Gods. They have very powerful abilities and a huge amount of hitpoints. I have been going with Rallos Zek, Solusek Ro, and Prexus. It takes place in the Sepulcher of Order, the center zone.

I don't know if I will be able to beat the mission with only three, but I'd like to try. But there is a roadblock. I can't try. It crashes two of my clients every time. I start the mission, and massacre a couple dozen Alarans until I come to the first temple, the Temple of Decay. Around this time, two my clients will crash, and not at the same time - usually within a minute of each other. It is always the clients controlling Rallos and Solusek. Prexus is fine, but he can't defend himself, so he dies. What happens to those two clients is I get the Everquest has crashed error message, that has a box that lets me type in what I was doing when the crash occurred. If I try to load those characters back in, they get the crash message before they get into game. I can not complete the mission. This sucks, because I can't get the achievement, I can't join others doing the mission, and the mission looks fun!

Everquest does not crash during any other action right now, it is completely stable. The mission itself, performance wise, runs just fine. I do not get video lag, or any other type of performance problem. This is the first time I have crashed in months and months. And it is very consistent, and only in this mission. I was hoping a tech support could help me out here. All I ask is that you leave a complete reinstall as the last option, because I would not be looking forward to downloading everything again (my ISP has a download cap) and I am also not eager to set everything up again.

If I could get any suggestions about why this mission crashes for those two clients and how to fix it, or to work around it, I would welcome anything. My only idea is that those two characters are doing tons of damage and this is affecting the client somehow? That seems very odd and unlikely to me, but it is the only similarity I see. I do not believe that has to do with the problem though.

Thank you for your help.
    Edrick, Wednesday at 8:29 PM Report
    #1 Reply

Edrick Augur
    I just spoke to someone that has had the same problem and he said it always occurred around the undead area, which is where I am running into the client crashes. He said if he did that area last, no one would run into crashing problems until they reached it. Perhaps something is going on in that spot (Temple of Decay) that is causing this problem.
  4. Orbital101 Augur

We won the missions 3 times the last 4-5 weeks but we spent at leest 2 hrs on the crash every go... soon as the undead is cleared *after* lots of frustration every thing run semi smooth again. No way to get the Barrier Breaker achievement this way and its allready hard enough to drag people to help that when they do they dont want to come back and try again.

I usually play RZ/Prexus... RZ do crash more but he fool around with the undead alot more then prexus wich i try not to use unless its really needed to land a heal or 2 and crash. T
  5. JuliusFV New Member

Same crashing issue around the undead area occurred tonight 8/22/2014. This needs to be addressed.
  6. Manapause Journeyman

This issue has been reported several times in the span of almost a year. Not being able to complete this mission is preventing me from completing VOA progression and that is extremely frustrating. PLEASE look at this mission and figure out why the instance keeps crashing clients. This is not an isolated incident and seems to affect all players in the group. While I understand it is older content, it still deserves to work as intended and it is currently not doing so. If you are too busy to fix it, please consider giving credit for completing this mission across the board to all players or take it off the progression requirements for VOA.
  7. Ebonylight-Xegony Elder

I remember doing this not too far back and my entire group and myself would crash in certain areas. This mission does need fixing if the achievements are to be obtained.
  8. Manapause Journeyman

After multiple client crashes for everyone in group (5 real players, no boxes) we were able to complete this mission tonight. This is actually a fun mission but exasperating to say the least. As others have reported, the area in the zone instance where we experienced these crashes was where the undead are. We had no further issues once the trash was cleared from that area. I don't mind having to work to beat a mission. I love a good challenge. However, this is not a level of difficulty problem, it is a technical problem that needs to be addressed. :)
  9. Orbital101 Augur

Still hoping this will get fixed some days so I can go and get Barrier-Breakers achievemen. It is just not possible with the crashes...
  10. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

This may help it get fixed:

Note that the debug.dmp file might not be there. I've crashed a number of times in the past year but my debug.dmp file is dated 10/23/13, so they might have changed something so that it no longer is created.

debug.dmp is supposed to be created when the game crashes, but if the game crashes hard enough (locks up), then it won't execute the code to create it.

However, the dbg.txt should always be there, as it is created when you launch everquest.exe and it continues to log information until the game locks or you exit. Send it off to the email address above with a detailed explanation of what happened and that should help.
  11. Edrick Augur

I wish I could have replied to this thread sooner, but I couldn't. A couple weeks ago I emailed supercoder extreme, JChan, about this problem. Her replies:

Then a few days later.

So the good news is the coding team knows about the issue and was able to replicate the crash! It's just a matter of where this is in their list of priorities, and if they are able to easily figure out what is causing the crash.
    roguerunner likes this.
  12. Edrick Augur

Patch notes today include

- Breaching the Barrier - Players will no longer get a client crash if they pull multiple mobs near the Temple of Sholoth area in this mission.

Thank you coding team and everyone else that helped fix this.
  13. uberkingkong Augur