to whom do i sacrifice a gnome in order to change my account email ~

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by gnomeboss, Feb 21, 2023.

1. gnomeboss Augur

i've had this afflicted account for awhile. it's always been my account. it was registered w/ an email i no longer have access to. it has my name and a secret question registered. but for whatever reason, i cannot change the email address. go through the form, click, type, and hope--all the things! but when i hit the GOOD TO GO button, it goes back to the account info page and the old email is still listed. i've tried this multiple times with some significant hours between attempts. don't really want to petition if there is something i'm missing, which, knowing me, is likely.
  2. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Have you tried a different browser? That works for me on many things I use online when it won't work right after a few trys I go to Opera (free browser) and it works fine on that.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Is your current email showing verified in green?
  4. gnomeboss Augur

denied. attempted just meow. i don't think i've ever had a cc linked to this account, it just used a krono so it could be a vendor. could that be it? so odd. ><
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Nah its not the payment method. So different browser did not work. How about the current email? Is that verified
  6. gnomeboss Augur

no it's not verified. is that the issue? the email i can't use isn't verified so i can't change it? that's a poop sandwich but i guess i could see how the powers that be would set that up as default to prevent the shady antics of a ne'er-do-well.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes I think that is the issue. Can you verify it?
    Well that was stupid of me lol - of course you can't.

Yeah petition time and prob on a new account so you can get thru it all
    gnomeboss likes this.
  8. gnomeboss Augur

no, no access to it. >< losing access to that email has done nothing but kink my tail. i'm not sure why i never verified it. probably because that account was supposed to be a short term bazaar trader and i didn't think i would ever have Big Plans for it. guess i can petition and see if CS is in a good mood.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This has always bothered me. My original account has an email address I haven't had access to in over 20 years. But I cannot change it. LOL
  10. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Just open a support ticket and include the details of the affected account(s).

They can change the email address for you, provided you can answer the secret question. It may take a day or two with the back and forth, but it is doable.