An Epic Retelling

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Revan41686, Feb 20, 2023.

1. Revan41686 New Member

I have done an epic request a few times now, have my 1.0 ornament, 1.5 and 2.0 ornament and i have done a perfect rune run (necro) getting the green text saying this should make for a more interesting retelling. Even with all this, the 1.0 checkbox is not checked on the epic request achievement and the Epic Retelling achievement is locked - Red with no checkmark for doing the perfect run.

I have screenshots that I provided in a petition ticket but they said there is nothing they can do as CS can no longer grant items (they used to be able to in the past), this sounds like a bug and to submit a bug report... so here is my bug report.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

On the box for 1.0 did you get it from Lady C and equip it?

In case its just a visual bug then uncheck/recheck the boxes at the top of the ach page to see if its stuck. Or have a friend link their ach to you and then you click on "view mine" to see if it pops it out

The lock symbol is there to show you qualify for the right to do it. Usually you have to repeat Retelling up to 3 times (last did mine in 2016 and I had to do it twice) for it to complete and remove the red lock. There is an ach inside there - for Rangers its "Studious Seeker" and "Claim the Wind"

Its a secret thing on the last event

EDIT found this nugget that may explain it more concisely than I did

There are 2 achievements:
    An Epic Request, doing this gives you a choice of either epic 1.0, 1.5 or 2.0 ornaments. You must do the quest named "An Epic Request" two times in order to unlock all 3 ornaments (1.5 and 2.0 are unlocked together).

An Epic Retelling, this is a secret achievement earned by doing some special optional action during the quest named "An Epic Request." By earning this achievement, you can select a 4th ornament for your class. You must do the quest a 3rd time to earn this achievement, but the optional step can be done on any of the previous attempts.
    Fanra likes this.
  3. Revan41686 New Member

Hello, thanks for the reply! I did equip all the ornaments and the achieve did not update, even after relogging. I will do the quest again (sigh) and see what happens. Do you have to do the perfect run each time to get the extra ornament?
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

Yes, sounds like it was bugged because if you've already done it perfectly and everything worked as it should you should have the special ornament.
  5. Revan41686 New Member

Ok well I redid the quest, did not get the green text even with a perfect rune run so I assume once you get that once you are good to go forever. The only option this time was Blight (special ornament) and all checkmarks properly filled in. I was certain I had done this quest at least 3 times before but it has been a long time and i must have been mistaken. Thanks for all the advice.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Still curious if the boxes on the top of the ach window being checked and unchecked make it show? Not sure but is this where yours is not checked?
    [IMG]

But while your redoing it make sure you read This from eq resrouce which might help you out. The secret part is a sub quest of An Epic Request. So it gets done while your in the Request task - I think he mis titled this link - it should be Retelling since Request is linked below the picture

https://special.eqresource.com/anepicrequestnecromancer.php

sorry we both posted at the same time!!
  7. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

If they've gotten the green text once, it will never show again. They still need to complete the event 3 times to get the Retelling Achievement unlocked.

If they can see the locked Epic Retelling, it means they still have 1 more to go. It may need the green text version, it may not. You can complete that at any time during the 3 runs, on the 3rd run, it will unlock the Retelling Achievement and grant the reward.
    Mukkul likes this.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes, that is what I posted
    The lock symbol is there to show you qualify for the right to do it. Usually you have to repeat Retelling up to 3 times (last did mine in 2016 and I had to do it twice) for it to complete and remove the red lock.

Sorry if my posts are not clear. Did you have any advice for OP to help him?
  9. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

It isn't "usually" it is a minimum of 3 times + getting the green text at least once during any 3 of the runs. I say minimum, because you can complete it multiple times for multiple ornaments without ever getting the text.

After 2 runs (green text obtained or not) you get the retelling Achievement to show with the red lock.

It's kind of strange, that it keeps the red lock until you've completed the 3rd run + meeting the conditions. One would assume it would appear after the 2nd run without the lock, and then get the check mark for completion of the 3rd run + green text credit.

I did these all, on live, years back and tried to fill out some details on a few sites.. but that's the basics. You need to complete Epic request 3 times, one of those 3 must be the special version. Upon completion of the 3rd you get the choice of the special retelling ornament.
    Fanra likes this.