Mischief Rules - Group V Raid concerns (Idea for upcoming TLP)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Guen, Feb 14, 2023.

1. Guen New Member

In anticipation of a new TLP many folks are discussing rule sets and of those people quite a few seem to like 2 things in particular: Relaxed Truebox & Random loot/Free-trade.

For me, picks and AoCs fix the issues that come with a boxable server. There's maybe some hold-outs still for truebox, but I think a lot of people are just over it. So please, consider a relaxed truebox server (from the start!). As an aside from the start since I brought it up, please consider releasing the server with at least Kunark open, although I prefer Luclin as a start.

This is where the interesting idea sets in! I like Mischief rules! Maybe love is more like it. It really fixes what I call the GEB problem. You all know what I mean already if you've ever walked into a TLP. However, I was dismayed a bit here and there with the raid scene. In general, folks were not interesting in pushing to Time because they could get the same loot on easier targets. Not to mention that free-trade made all of that stuff available in rather huge supply in the bazaar. So really, I was sad about my guild not really wanting to push into those fun encounters in Time. My suggestion is make the top zone loot specific to that zone.

To summarize: For the next TLP lets consider relaxed truebox from the start on a Mischief style server that excludes the Mischief style for the final zone each expansion. Bonus points awarded if the start has kunark (or better yet Luclin) available.
    Ragnoruk likes this.
  2. Arclyte Augur

I'd be surprised if the 2nd server isn't some kind of boxing or relaxed boxing server.

Someone else suggested to make raid loot tradable after 2 expansions which sounds good. I think it would be simpler to just keep raid loot no drop, and let group & quest loot tradable though.
  3. jordune Augur

I love the idea of a tiered random loot system on The new server.
    If you want time gears go to time. That would encourage raids to happen on the new server.
    I also support random free trade and relaxed truebox
    From the start.
    Also get rid of motm and make raids a max of 54
  4. Kahna Augur

My guild raided time, more targets, more loot. The problem wasn't the randomization, it was your guild. Maybe you just needed a guild of likeminded people. They did, and still do, exist.
    Brildon likes this.
  5. FranktheBank Augur

Also, P3 of time was the only source of those drops. For real guilds, Time was worth. For boxer guilds, is was questionable. Which is a pretty neat aspect of the server. In DoDH, we didnt even have to do Vule, which is a crappy fight. Mischief is great.
    Brildon likes this.