Lovely Brownie Familiar request of the devs....

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Atlans, Feb 5, 2023.

1. Atlans Lorekeeper

I have an Erollisi Day request of the devs, accompanied with all the hugs, flowers, and love that Erollisi can muster.

The reward at the end of the new quests is the Lovely Brownie Familiar. It is a familiar and pet illusion item (adding the pet illusion to the familiar items is awesome btw). It looks like this:
    [IMG]

The issue is it is the exact same look as the Daybreak Cash item Metamorph Wand - Brownie
    That item, when you click on Preview, clearly shows a female Brownie complete with feather headdress. It is supposed to look like this:
    [IMG]
    However, it does not. It is a male Brownie. Innocent misrepresentation or blatant fraud? :)
    It actually looks like this:
    [IMG]

So now, the Lovely Brownie Familiar and the Metamorph Wand - Brownie are exactly the same look. This will likely plummet sales of the Metamorph Wand - Brownie since you can get the same look for free doing the Erollisi Day quests.

May I humbly suggest you change one of them to the female model so we can have an adorable Brownie couple?

Thanks and happy Erollisi Day!!!
    Paladin, Svann2, Ssdar and 6 others like this.
  2. Waddyasay New Member

I remember being so disappointed when I bought the metamorph wand and it looked nothing like the preview. I wanted Princess Tiger Lily dammit.
    Paladin likes this.
  3. Gwenchlan New Member

Yeah, I was mad the metamorph wand illusion didn't match the pic on DB Cash. Would be cool if they fixed one of them them to be the girl brownie
    Paladin likes this.
  4. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Ought to dupe the post over tot he bug forum and see if it can/would be addressed there. ;)
  5. Paladin Augur

This is 100% correct. You cast up the Metamorph and you get a Brownie that looks like the nee Erollisi reward. It looks absolutely nothing like the preview.
  6. Atlans Lorekeeper

OK Wyre,
    Took your suggestion and duplicated this in the Bug forum. Let's see if anything happens.
    Being an optimist, I hope they fix one of the items to look like the female Brownie.
    Being a realist, I'm guessing they'll fix the Preview on the Marketplace to look like the male Brownie!
  7. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

More than likely? I suppose. Of they could add a "change item" claim thing to the marketplace to switch between male/female to avoid additional complaints. (you know.. someone will DEMAND a refund because something they bought got changed.. even though it's covered by the whole legal use deal.)

Either way, I'd hope that they provide an option for both appearances.