Buried Sea - "No small thing" quest solo. How to enable instances?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Gangia, Feb 4, 2023.

1. Gangia New Member

Background:
    I'm playing Buried Sea expansion and have some problems regarding the "No small thing" quest ( https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=4049 )

I did "all" solo missions in Barren Coast and Buried Sea map except that one.
    I know that I did not hit any instances, as my explorer achievements (except Maiden'sGrave) are not set (despite a dozen solo quests in "big" map).

I have the following questions and problems:
    For each island, when I bought a proper ship ticket, I was always ending up on the "big" map with all islands at once (no instances).

• How do I trigger an instanced version of Redfeather island map?
    While doing it on "large" Buried Sea map - I was not able to find required item "Blackened Bone Fragment" where it should be according to allakhazam site.

• How do I trigger an instanced version of Maiden'ss Grave island map?
    Same as above, but "Shard of Burnt Bone".

• How do I trigger an instanced version of Suncrest island map?
    Same as above, but "Soot-covered Ruby".

• How do I trigger an instanced version of Deadbone Reef island map?
    Same as above, but "Scorched Piece of Bone ".

• How do I trigger instanced version of Blacksail FollReef island map?
    Same as above but "Sliver of Singed Bone".
  2. Xandos New Member

Im not entierly sure, but as far as i remember, you have to be x amout of Players in a Group, i belive it has to be 4 or 6. But let me look it up, and im gonna Edit it if i have more Information

Edit: Apperently you can enter them through NPC Mission Givers, probably have to tell them Ready or another Phrase after a couple of Seconds.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

These are quests in quests. You get the big main one and then each of the items come off sub quests.

Ok so you got the base quest (no small thing) by doing this:

This solo task begins with Whendt Goldspire in the Barren Coast at approximate location 10, -155.
    You say, 'Hail, Whent Goldspire'

Then get a group together for the instances

Redfeather #1 (which is really "the mystery of Aviak island)" is given by Beal the Minstrel for the blackened bone - more in comments here on the bone (https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=74867) . Here is the instanced:
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=4092

Next up on the Charred Bone chip you need to talk to Researcher higgins in Barren Coast.
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=4172

And so on.

If your using Allah and look on the left side of the page for No Small Thing and then you will see all the items needed like the Blackened Bone are in blue. So click those and that will give you some more info about the item.

On the left side of that page you will see the name of the instanced zone like Monkey Rock: The Wild Island and then click that and it shows you who to talk to for that one.

The items you need are obtained during these group quests. I would suggest you also click on the items themselves to see if there are any comments that help find them. Like the first one for the blackened bone it says If you miss the first task update (buy ticket & get on the boat), the bones will never spawn in the fire. This is possible to miss if you don't board the ship near Dockmaster Angus

Its pretty convoluted and will take some reading back and forth between all the pages to get it straight. Not many good step by step overall walk thrus on this expansion.
  4. Gangia New Member

I belive that person from quote is wrong.
    I did all solo quests possible (except that one) [i know that because I copied quest list from allakhazam to Excel]:

https://i.postimg.cc/JnVrqbrh/barren-coast.png

And as you can see I did "Maiden's Grave #1: Mer's Lost Love " as the only group task(only 2 headcount requirement) - and I believe that is the reason why Maiden's Grave is the only explored area in my achievements

I tried - I can't enter group tasks as solo player.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

One trick many have learned over the years, for just this issue:

For group quests, mercs almost always count as a group member, so have a merc handy. Then, to get to the 3 person minimum, you just need one more player, but I don't think they have to actually go with you to the instance. So, there are two pretty easy options. Either ask in General chat for someone to join your group so that you can do the instance. Or, start another F2P account, roll a new char, and invite that char to your group. That should take care of the group size requirements.
  6. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Make a group and get the instanced missions then you can travel to them and get the items.

You cannot get to them without the mission and you cannot get the mission without a group.

These are some of the mission givers

Blackened Bone Fragment - Beal the Minstrel Redfeather #1 - its a flame torch thing

Researcher Higgins for Monkey Rock Wild Island - drops off "A Burning Dead"

Maidens Grave you already have done this one but hopefully you got Shard of Burnt Bone (A Flaming Skull)

Suncrest #2 Has prerequisites/ a previous task to do. Soot-covered Ruby. The previous tasks to do for this one may be something you can solo.

Deadbone Reef #3 again pre requisites

ETC

I am not going to list them all but you get the idea. Barren Coast and Oceangreen Hills, and quite a few other quest lines are extremely long. Some parts you can solo, others you cannot.