Mean Streets (NoS group mission) broken post patch

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jackr, Jan 18, 2023.

1. Evurkvest Augur

I had something similar, only that one real locked at 2%. I quit the task so duno if that was true for all "real".
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

The raid works as it was intended to work now... the group mission, the fakes have way too many HP now. They had way too little HP originally.
  3. Gialana Augur

I won't discount the possibility of bugs, but this may be what happened. Since the hotfix yesterday, slow removes the glimmering illusion from the fake Jaks. So if you base real vs fake on that buff, it will appear that a fake turns into a real, but it didn't really for me. The benefit of removing the glimmering illusion is that it removes their extra melee avoidance. I didn't notice any other benefits.

Before starting the event, I assigned the one Jak that didn't have the glimmering illusion buff to an extended target slot. I did this in case the real swapped with a fake while I was fighting the fake but after its glimmering illusion buff was removed. In this run, there were no swaps while I was fighting a fake. The fakes also did not health lock even though none of them had the glimmering illusion buff by the time they died.

Note that if you assign the real Jak to an extended target slot before starting the event, that xtar slot will be reset after you kill the last of the fakes. That's because the "real" Jak is replaced with the higher-hitpoint real real Jak.
  4. Razorfall Augur

I wonder if group/raid marking the real one will work
  5. Ashigaru Augur

Marking the real one does seem to work
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  6. Alena Elder

That must be a bug. I ran this mission in the past countless times. Now I wipe at first stage.
    3 real Jaks and 1 fake jak. The real Jaks are not killed like usually and the script for the real Jak instantly starts when attacking one of them... not funny...
  7. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Learn the timing, once you start the mission the real jak switches every 2 minutes and 40 seconds like clockwork, until you kill the 3 fakes. If you can't steamroll then don't engage til after a swap.
  8. Drakang Augur

Or offtank the real one till he swaps away from the spot your fighting at.
  9. NeverPayForLag Augur

the mission is now much more difficult than before... bye bye challenger and evolving cloak.
    this "bugfix" was not really a work of excellence...
    Sometimes I would not dare to report a bug to avoid them making a bugfix which fixes the bug with a fixed bug :confused:

Can somebody rent a raid gear or a raid group or raid a rent gear or sell a pesticide spray for the bug to fix them, please? :confused:
  10. Moege Augur

How is it more difficult ?

Killing the illusions is now trivial. Achievement is actually now possible for group geared people
    Guessing of where he swaps to is now gone. Don't have to play guessing games.
    Fakes (beginning) you can kill in 180s (group geared), Melee can actually hit the fakes now.

waste no effort / no you don't
    Pull thugs to bridge, leash Jak. camp 1/2
    Run to archway before camp 3, pull thugs leash Jak
    Run to camp 4, pull thugs leash Jak
    Wait for a swap, confirm real Jak is not at 4 (if he is wait for a swap) Kill fake
    repeat at camp 3
    repeat at camp 2
    Tank Jak at 1
    At 27% have someone pull illusion at 2 to 1, 2 others go to camp 3/4, kill fake
    at 7% repeat same

cut off the head
    move someone at 4 before starting event
    person runs 4 3 2 1 pulls all thugs to bridge, aoe slow kills 4
    rest of group kills 1 / 4 (fakes) wait for swaps if real one is there
    lastly kill him at 2 / 3, 27% / 7% send people to kill fakes at 1 / 4 (can only swap to 2 / 3)
  11. Ratalthor Developer

This is not a bug and is feedback on the mission, so I have moved it to the Veteran's Lounge for discussion.
  12. Thunderkiks Augur

In my opinion it's easier now than before. The illusions now are much easier to handle. Before someone says it's because my character has raid gear I do this with sever sass l alts that are just in group gear as well. Even my poor neglected other server characters lol.
  13. Szilent Augur

heh, no.
  14. Zunnoab Augur

The main thing the original post seems to not realize is that you can leash both real and fake Jakarashevs. And after the various changes it's the much less infuriating old school leash that doesn't heal the mob too. If your DPS is slow, you only need to worry about moving quickly after killing the third fake one. Before that, you have as much time as you want. And of course everything after the first part is much, much easier now than before. You can (and always could) deal with the thugs before engaging Jakarashev (real and fake) too, if you have to.
    Elyssanda and Thunderkiks like this.
  15. Smokezz The Bane Crew

This was posted before knowing about the HP locking bug. "heh".
  16. Althalonas New Member

Mean Streets is definitely my favourite mission of the past few expansions. The changes are excellent.

The repeating message on the fake Jak mobs is so that you know you are killing a copy after the buff has been removed. If you accidentally engage the real Jak and get locked at 2% just wait for the swap and then kill the copy. All the will happen is that you do not get the achievement for not killing all the copies before engaging the real.

The Illusions are now simple to kill for most DPS classes. I have killed them with rangers, mages and wizards all solo. If you can set things up so that you fight the real at 4 then you just go along clearing 3 - 2 - 1 and then wait at 1 for the next set to pop and then clear back to 4. Simples.
    Zunnoab likes this.
  17. Ryhme Lorekeeper

not with the Achievement "Cut off the head"....
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  18. Razorfall Augur

This has been my experience as well. The illusions can be killed pretty easy with a mage or ranger so we just let one of those take care of all of them lol