Named hunter mobs in Tangled

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Clip, Jan 22, 2023.

1. Clip New Member

Do not seem to spawn properly. Guild as spent hours and hours Thur. And Fri. No Joy.
    No one will admit to a spawn and I have spent 11 + hours camping there.

Pleas check, Hunter Mobs Bones and Overlord
    Vekaras and Alena like this.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Bad RNG, they are spawning, rarely.
  3. Kalamos Augur

Since the patch I had Thorn Petal, Commander, Scorched, Molten and Sharp Claw all spawn over several short 1-2 hour sessions. Thorn Petal popped 3 times from one PH clear. Seems fine to me.
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea they usually spawn after you complain about it on the forums i know happens to me alot although when i whine about certain mobs its on zam and usually after 3+ days of no show.
    Yinla likes this.
  5. Salene_Luclin Journeyman

bones takes forever to spawn, took 19 hours straight camping during bonus for him to pop, overlord I have camped about 20 hours on and off most with 2 to 3 hours at camp with no luck. Everything else I have gotten. I did however see overlord on track as i was killing Thorn Petal so he does pop
  6. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

The Overlord is the only one for me that took an unusual long period of time to spawn. But not that horrible. About 6 hours I would guess. Some of the tier 2 TOL mobs were worse.
  7. alanus Augur

Their placeholders still having twice the HP they should and same immunities (mez, snare, pacify) as named is a bigger issue
  8. Alena Elder

The PHs of these rare spawns have terrible HP and are in a terrible place to pull. Reminds me of the usual north mobs in ToL/Maidens. The namers are spawning horribly too. The first couple of weeks they seemed to spawn at least in a night but meanwhile - like every new year after an xpac - it gets worse and worse. ToL Maidens started that kind of idea but NoS seems to top that. I spent now nearly a week every night and I got not a single pop from Commander, Thorn Petal, Elemental or Scorched. And friends have also no luck.

This is T1, that means the drops are entry level gear. If T1 would be the entry level for a game and it is more rare and more difficult to get than T2 then something is very wrong with the game!

The T1 then is completely useless if they are spawning so rare and all are equipped with T2 after a couple of weeks playing NoS. I have done meanwhile all Hunter. Only missing the Shadeweaver ones. All spawned well but stupidly I saved Shadeweaver for last because they have horribly monstrious HP and that should be corrected with a patch.

T2 are raining like the rainforest compared to T1. Every mission drops them and the mobs in T2 like the PHs are not nearly so extremely hitpoint-heavy and spawn at least once in 5 PH clearances. While in ToL the T2 were utterly useless because everything went straight into TS or T1, now it is reverse.

Either this is a bug or if that is intended than this is only a small honeypot for paying the xpac and this is an incentive to get every Free/Silver player or toon paying additionally monthly. I paid a couple of alt accounts with the thought to get some alts up - but for sure.. if this does not change then that was the last time I spent so much money because that feels like a rip off...

Guys, get less greedy and more player friendly - we are supporting this game for over 20 years.. you should give us the credit we deserve as long time supporters and players. I know not a single game I spent money regularly for so long. We rescued EQ in the thin and critical years where EQ was at the brink of going down. Give our alts and our pockets a bit more love! We pay enough for the mains and mostly get copy/paste stuff in new xpacs. At least we could have some fun in getting our alts up to play other classes to avoid complete boredom with always the same stuff.

The Darklight Merc Quests were a real bummer. Cool AA XP especially to get in the mood to play some older toons. THAT was something worth paying.. but nerfing that felt also like a rip off esp. because it has been correct not a bit but overcorrected into ZERO AA/XP. Quests are USELESS if they are done once and the AA/XP is then zero - wasted time, wasted developer time, wasted space, wasted ram, wasted money, useless... at least they should have given a bit AA, heck 1-3 AA are really not much for that grind and would not hurt anybody... now the LAST zone which is NEARLY NEVER used because it is AT THE VERY END of something no porter can port to - will be another useless zone for the eternity.

I love quests .. but at least they should give a bit Dopamin for the fun - and not only once! The same goes for the occasional namers... else this xpac feels like facebook, twitter, google and all the other timesinks with the immoral goal to maximize wasted time while maximize company income while minimize players real fun experience and relying only on the addiction level of the sentimentalism factor playing a toon for over 20 years...

I don't have a problem that companies earning money. I have a problem if I pay and after I paid I get that strange taste of getting ripped while the product gets one nerf after the other and abuses my time. I want to pay for a game, not a boring time sink.:confused:

Sorry guys.. .that rant is necessary.. think about that.;)
    NeverPayForLag and Aenvar like this.