Mean streets: Glimmering illusion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Moege, Jan 20, 2023.

1. Moege Augur

2. Warpeace Augur

Slow seems to make it "dispell", Sham Turger's Swarm. Could have been from Crippling slicer or Melancholy also?

We tried the Skull of Null and Kijarl's Ring of Negation at first to see if those would do it.
    Moege likes this.
  3. Kalamos Augur

It's not a dispel magic mechanic, rather more like a bane. Slow removes it.
  4. SubEffect An Original Lord of Fizzle and Whiff

I'm actually confused as to the point of this change. What does dispelling the buff do? Slow does seem to remove it, but the fake Jaks have normal HP now and removing the buff doesn't seem to do anything special, like the slow bane on thugs and tigers.
  5. Tevik Augur

The illusion is a massive dodge buff. Really hard to get any melee damage on them when the buff is on.
    SubEffect, Gialana, Warpeace and 2 others like this.
  6. Kalamos Augur

It's pulled from the raid version, where I'm sure it matters more. Here's the descrption from the raid write up ...

"The fake Jakarashev will have evasion magic to protect them (Flickering Illusion). If these Jakarashev are hit with a spell that would slow melee attacks, it will remove their evasion for a while. They will recast Flickering Illusion at intervals."
  7. SubEffect An Original Lord of Fizzle and Whiff

and

Thanks to both - the first time I did this post patch I didn't really notice a difference in melee damage. When I did remove it, last run today, it just added to the confusion of which Jak was "real" since they all have significant HP now. /shrug. Either way, I was able to complete it myself.