Mean Streets (NoS group mission) broken post patch

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jackr, Jan 18, 2023.

1. Jackr New Member

Were these changes intended?

The 3 Jakarashev illusions at the start now have 56-79million hps (based on my parse with two failed missions)
    Now if your dps ain't fast, the boss will swap, possibly swapping to the position you're fighting at, as you're trying to kill the first illusion)
    You can't kill the boss, he locked at 2%, swapped out finally.
    Then comes the barrage of 3 tigers running back to finish up your group.

Why make the change. Was this intended? Can you hotfix this please!!
    tanith, Alena, Neyi and 7 others like this.
  2. Axxius Augur

Are the fake bosses and tigers not getting banished by slow anymore?
  3. Salvanna Emberleaf New Member

The three fake Jakarashevs each need to be killed before the 150 sec timer causes two of them to swap, yes. This is a DPS check and easily achievable with a group of level 120 characters.
  4. Jackr New Member

I don't know where you get this 150 sec timer, will need confirmation.
    A slow group must then wait until a swap happens and get in there fast.

This is an unwelcomed change to an already difficult mission.
    Why make this stealth change?
  5. Jackr New Member

Fake bosses were never banished by slow, only one of two thugs were banished.
  6. Syylke_EMarr Augur

If true, this is another bad change to this mission. There's so much that needs fixing on this event, but the devs seem intent on just ignoring the bugs and adding unnecessary additional difficulty.
    NatazzEvoli and Jackr like this.
  7. Alkerion Lorekeeper

Well the fake thug and the tigers are banished by slow. Correct that the fake bosses weren't banished by slow.
  8. Deathly Elder

Fake bosses used to have like 20k hit points. They would die in a blink of an eye. I wish they would fix the aggro range issue.
  9. Lionle New Member

I get the feeling that this isn't a bug and is instead an intended fix. The illusions that spawn later on for the "No You Don't" achievements now have the HP of the old fake Jak's. They swapped the HP stats of the fakes with the later illusions.

Also Aggro range doesn't seem to be an issue anymore.
    Knifen and Spacemonkey555 like this.
  10. NatazzEvoli Elder

Bad job.

They seriously need look at all mechanics of this mission. And by look, I mean actually run through it instead of 'fixing' things about it and releasing the changes.

For No You Don't - either make it attainable on by killing the 1st phase illusions or the 2nd/3rd phase illusions - meaning you need 1 or 2 people to go run around and kill them. Previously, if you fast killed on the 1st phase, you could easily get the achievement, since the remaining phases did not matter. Then it was patched so the only way to get it was to have a kill group (second tank or pet tank) go and take down the Illusions which had about 70mil hps. Something folks that are group geared cannot really do.

Now, expecting a raid geared group that can do 4m dps is the minimum to get all 3 illusions down in the 1st phase, assuming there is 0 moving (which, by default, there has to be moving). That's not even factoring in the thugs that would need to be killed. Or are you expecting someone to drag those around too for the No You Don't achievement along with the Cut Off The Head?

Can some experienced developers address this mission? Since beta, this event seems to be very problematic for whomever has been working on it to get things right.
  11. Evurkvest Augur

Longer reset time would be nice. If your fighting the "real Jak" in one of the middle spots and he ports to an end spot you will not have enough time look at all spots if your not lucky enough to go in the correct direction right away.
  12. Gialana Augur

It's easier to get the No You Don't achievement now. It doesn't matter if the real Jak swaps places with a fake Jak. You just need to keep him from porting to one of his illusions (mob name is An illusion) that he spawns at 35% and 22%. But now instead of 35 millions hps, those illusions have no more than 2 millions hps. Since the hotfix after expansion launch, today was the first time I was able to get the No You Don't achievement.
    Swiss and Svann2 like this.
  13. Knifen Augur

Im probably in the minority but I like it much better now. It looked like it was the hard mission to beat this expansion with some challenging ach, but it turned out just meh in its original state. For being the main source for Fortitude augs that mission was way to easy, now the emotes and the event work right and it brought back some of the effort.

Also correct me if I'm wrong but I think the hard ach just got easier, the non banished thugs where snareable our last attempt were as before we couldn't to my knowledge. Will make running 4 mobs off easier. Ill have to recheck that next attempt.
    Ssdar and Spacemonkey555 like this.
  14. Gialana Augur

Some things are easier post patch, and some things are harder.
    Easier:
    (Easier-ish) Before the patch, wherever the real Jak was before the event began is the first spot you would have to fight him no matter how many times he swapped places with a fake. That's because the fake Jak would instantly warp back to it's starting spot. Now the fake Jak stays where the real Jak was before the swap. That means you can force the real Jak into any spot you want. I recommend putting him in the northeast spot, but the southwest could work, too.

The illusions that spawn at 35% and 22% have had their hps reduced from 35 million to no more than 2 million. So while the tank is babysitting the real Jak, it's easier to have others in the group go around killing the illusions. You'll probably want to send someone with healing powers with that group. Today was the first time I goy the No You Don't achievement legitimately.

The Jaks (real and fake) and illusions have much smaller aggro ranges. Though it's not a big deal, it's easier to get to the chest

Harder:
    The fake Jaks now have 75 miilion instead of the 1 to 2 million they had before.

They also have very large avoidance so that melee dps does between 1/3 and 1/2 of normal amounts.

Additionally -- and this may be because I was killing them too slow -- hot spots with large DoTs now spawn while killing the fakes instead of only when killing the real Jak. Because it takes longer to kill the fake Jaks at the beginning, your group may want to wait until after a real/fake swap before engaging the fake Jak, especially if you're going for the Waste No Effort achievement.

---------------------
    Besides the changes, I see people having troubles with tigers spawning while still killing the fake Jaks. In my experience, tigers don't start spawning until you do damage to the real Jak, even a small amount of DS damage. It adds time, but if you're worried about the real Jak swapping positions with the fake you're currently fighting, you can wait until after a real/fake swap before engaging a fake.
    Jackr likes this.
  15. Moege Augur

You were not killing too slow, In a group of raiders we saw the hotspots too and those fakes died extremely fast.
    Gialana likes this.
  16. Fenthen aka Rath

omg we just did the Mean Streets mission. 4 was the real Jakarashev, and 1-2-3 were fake.

We start the event and all of the sudden 1 is real.
    So we slide over to 2. Also real. wtf?
    Then we move to 3... fake, kill it.
    4 is still real.

They all 3 locked at 22% HP. All of them. All with tigers and mirror images.
    So we basically did the event like 3x at once.

This is 100% a testament to the developers not actually playing this game. They make changes willy-nilly without actually testing them.
    Jackr likes this.
  17. Fenthen aka Rath

The raid version is also changed too, so that's fun to re-learn!
  18. Ashigaru Augur

Seems like there's definitely some new bugs introduced here. Would be great if a developer could comment on whether it's intentional, or needs fixing
    tanith and Fenthen like this.
  19. Moege Augur

takes longer now but the guessing game of where he swapped to is mostly gone
  20. Razorfall Augur

Did this last night. This as been improved considerably IMO, although I did notice that the message about removing the illusion kept firing after it was removed (This was due to the Cripling Slicer slow going off).

The fake Jaks take a little longer to kill, but the scatter illusions pretty much blow up on contact which is a huge improvement for those trying to get No You Don't. You can pretty much leave the tank and healer at the real Jak and send DPS to each location and come back after they're dead.

The extra HP on the fake Jaks will make Waste No Effort a little more difficult, but it should still be pretty doable.

We haven't tried Cut Off the Head since the hotfix, but I'm guessing it's still a PITA. I'd like to see the thugs able to be CC'd, and have the ability to summon removed. At that point the achievement would be similar to Firelings in the TBL Plane of Fire missions.

Edit: It could be that the intent of the removal message is to indicate that the Jak you're damaging is fake. If that's the case I can live with it.
    Fenthen likes this.