Plane of War- death loop

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Reptilian, Jan 15, 2023.

1. Reptilian New Member

Sequence of events line by line:

Partial wipe fighting zone trash in entry field of Plane of War.
    Characters who died had normal "choose where to respawn" pop up window.
    Moving corpses to safe location to rez (2 mins)
    Go ahead and choose respawn to bind point (lobby).
    Instead, respawn to some location within Plane of War and instantly killed by unknown.
    New "choose where to respawn" pop up window, but choices are Plane of War and Plane of War.
    I kill the client since it looks like a death loop taking place.
    While reloading I attempt to send other dead toons to bind, but the same result as above...
    I go ahead and click to plane of war on the rez window a couple quick times, eating a death each time. (expecting to expedient recover once this resolves)
    Eventually, the loop breaks and drops my character onto the bridge where the flagging sphinx NPC is located.

Quickly clicking to respawn twice in succession got each character out of the predicament and this happened to 3 separate characters.

Couple observations/notes:
    Characters were working on the zone flagging involving stonewood bow.
    The zone in has a graveyard like other PoP zones and I don't know if it is functioning but it did not seem to be.
    The initial respawn action did not decay or remove the original corpse of any character, I merely was back alive in a different place in the zone.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  2. NyteShayd Elder

It's been a while, but I remember the forced respawn point was underground, near the zone line to PoTactics. It's possible a train failed to reset or somesuch.

When you say "killed by unknown," do you mean you received some kind of error message, or only that you don't know the cause? Logs might explain.
  3. Reptilian New Member

Nah, there were no mobs there. The screen simply read "You died." and respawn box reset like as if I were standing in lava with no hp except there was like no delay most clicks. The biggest tell that this is some kind of bug is that I no longer had an option to respawn at bind. Both options read the same zone. (plane of war)
  4. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

You were unrightfully getting respawned in Naligor (Nalgor?) That is where you go AFTER you've completed the first access quest and die anywhere within the castles, field, Naligor pits, or GM tower.

If you "exist" anywhere in an unflagged portion of PoWar for more than like, 10s, you get DT'd.

Dying at the zone-in, you should have respawned at the ZI graveyard.

If you were fighting at the sphinx, it may have been close enough to the field (other side of that gate) and sent you there.
  5. Reptilian New Member

Died at the first camp of ogres next to zone in. The brief view of the area it spawned my character looked like a tunnel. Definately out of bounds for where I should be.
  6. NyteShayd Elder

Yeah, I think Wyre has the right of it. I remember getting instakilled for being too close to the walls before gaining access, but don't recall force-respawning in Narligor until after unlocking Field of Strife and the mines.
  7. Reptilian New Member

Well I guess that issue here is being wrongfully corpse-ported to behind the drawbridge, given I did not have the required flag set.