New TLP <<< I'd buy the box plus sub >>> Zoneless Classic EverQuest

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Corydon Coles, Jan 14, 2023.

1. Corydon Coles Elder

If you do the YouTube search - you'll find the most amazing looking classic EQ. There are a few people taking their free time and putting it into giving EQ a new look. I think ideas like this are what people are talking about when they say they don't want another cookie cutter TLP and beg for something new.

2023 TLP please consider doing something like this. I and a lot of folks are needing the old flame to get a new look.
  2. Corydon Coles Elder

YouTuber : RedbeardFlynn also has some grand ideas about getting people to play classic EQ.
    Ex) What would make you play EverQuest in 2023.
  3. Triconx Augur

Or find a new flame *cough* don't reroll every year *cough*
    Appren and Corydon Coles like this.
  4. Corydon Coles Elder

Thanks for taking the time to respond
    Tri - were all saying the same thing and we're all trying so hard to let the staff know what we're hearing other players say.
    <The Brit Canuck> @ Everquest - Server Population Leak, 10:40 min : "I need a new and more casual experience to keep me interested."
    I'd be willing to bet money... that the guys doing the EQ game development for fun would hand over their work for FREE IF they got the credit/could add to the resume.
  5. Xhartor Augur

I wonder how many times a day the basement in unrest would get trained kelethin if EQ was zoneless.
    Kaenneth, Lineater and Corydon Coles like this.
  6. Myrrdyn New Member

I hope that they will create a real classic TLP with the same rules then P99
    Many old guys like me that are 60 years old and more and have more then 20 years account want it.
    We want to benefit from new graphics and work done by Verant, SOE and Darkpaw devs with the possibility to play old school and slowly.
    Corydon Coles likes this.
  7. code-zero Augur

I am 65
    I have played since early 2000
    I do not want anything like this

No wonder Boomers get mocked, sheesh... leave people my age out of your fantasies. Maybe try interesting younger sorts into your P99 "experience"
  8. Corydon Coles Elder

Think about it. Zoneless completely changes the game. Like POK and MERCS. That's people complain about right? They want something new but old EQ
  9. code-zero Augur

What is happening is that the people who bailed on EQ for DAoC, LotR Online, WoW etc. really don't want EQ at all but something that they vaguely think that they recalled but ditched long ago for the latest and greatest. So they want a vaguely EQ themed game but with all the stuff that they left the original game to have.
    Kaenneth and Corydon Coles like this.
  10. Shakara Augur

Classic EQ by todays standards is just an objectively bad game. In its time it was revolutionary but now days we have much higher expectations and classic EQ does not fill most of them. Classic EQ is really just a glorified chat room with some simple gameplay in the background. MMO gamers these days want fast pace skill expressive gameplay with diversity and customization. Classic EQ offers none of this. Most of Classic EQs appeal was in the exploration of the unknown and everything at this point has been explored. Most of the people I see who enjoy classic EQ play it for the completions aspect. They like to collect iconic items from the past or gear out characters in ways they used to dream of doing when they were 13.
  11. waterboy New Member

This is exactly why I play TLPs, but wanted to add that although everything has been explored, there is still a lot of "if I haven't seen it, it's new to me" type stuff even though I played '99-'05 and played multiple TLPs. On Yelinak I attempted Greenmist for the first time in my EQ career and actually explored/camped in Dalnir for the first time ever. Had a blast too.
    Crabman and Corydon Coles like this.
  12. Mashef Augur

For what it's worth.. P99 is complete trash with the worst EQ players ever to be born on planet earth assembling on those cess pool servers that tarnish the good name of EQ. DPG should shut them down.

The amount of people who wnat something like P99, are on the P99 server. The rest of us don't want them to come here because they are bad at EQ.

The most dreaded chat on a TLP server...I come from P99 is an auto non-invite.
  13. Corydon Coles Elder

I agree. EQ should shut them down that bring more players to the official EQ.

After becoming so frustrated with how things were here on EQ LIVE I tried the private EQ servers. I played a dozen of their servers there were some good ideas like the teams PVP. However I became so frustrated with the hacking and bad behavior that I destroyed the Titanium Disks and said never again. Its definitely worse on the pirate servers... Da