Dragon's Hoard Capped @ 250?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dark_Pheonix, Jan 14, 2023.

1. Dark_Pheonix Journeyman

Why is the Dragon's Hoard Capped @ 250?

I kinda feel cheated as I just came back, bought the newest xpac w/bells and whistles and noticed the Dragon's Hoard feature. Before I really looked deeper into it, I purchased it and thought, this is GREAT. 125 spots was limited but there were more in the store.

So today I bought 10,000 SC and found out...it's capped at 250. Then I reread the info I found online, I was (to say the least) crestfallen and disappointed. That's like barely 6 (40) bags. Easier to just keep putting things in a house.

Are their future plans to expand on this or any news? Seriously...the collectables alone on my mules take up 4 level 2 alts. I'd rather just delete them and have all that in the dragon's hoard but I'll take the 250. And be satisfied.

My sense of completion....requires I keep every collectable I find. CAUSE THEY SHINY!

"We got the primary buffer panel coming right off..."
    "Everything's Shiny capt, not to fret."
    ~ Firefly ~
  2. Dark_Pheonix Journeyman

Ok...somehow I missed another thread on this, I used the search function for "hoard" and it didn't show up. Found it through google instead, weird. Sorry for the post. How do I get this deleted?
  3. Gialana Augur

I think you can PM accendo to have one of your threads locked/deleted, but maybe that's not the thing to do since the other thread is 2 years old. Unfortunately, the search function on these forums seems to only search threads that are newer than some date. Two years is too old. But like you found out, you can sometimes find the older threads through an internet search engine.
  4. Act of Valor The Newest Member

There is no reason to keep that many collectibles since you can just get all previous expansions worth through overseer
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Sure there is. I am in the same mindset as Dark only I use 4 houses to hold all my collection shineys. I have a lot of alts and am always making new alts so they need to do the sets also.

Takes way to long with Overseer - takes 4 fragments to make 1 dispenser.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I use 2 houses for collections, though one is currently empty. I'm now in a mode where I stop actively collecting ones I don't need more backups for. But, yes, they are for new alts to use once they reach 110.

My plan is to go through the extras in the houses and take anything over ~10 per collectable, and put those on my bazaar mule, since I'll never need that many. I keep never getting around to that because the price I'd get for them in the bazaar barely makes it worth my time to even do that ;)
    CatsPaws likes this.
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea 250 and the ts version is 5000 from what i heard.
  8. ISmellLikeInnySwamp Augur

Post your decked out houses. I want to see what they look like.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

LOL. Mine are just for storage. They look like a bare new house. Except for some trophies which need to be placed in order to be used.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I would say at least 3/4 of mine are the same way. No decorations - just a house on a plot and filled with stuff. Nothing is placed so nothing really shows.

A few houses are decorated but there are far better ones than mine you can find mentioned in these forums.
    Tatanka likes this.
  11. Flatchy Court Jester

How many items are you supposed to be able to store in a house? Is it how many stacks or does each item in the stack go towards that amount. Can you buy more storage crates for your house to up the amount? Ive tossed all my ts stuff in one house and it does not seem to be near enough room. My bag space in inventory still holds stuff from 3 expansions ago.

And no I have not tried the new ts storage because I read that if you put stuff in there when you make recipes it does not count towards your 350 skill. So even old stuff goin in it is no good because I have not tried making every recipe there is so would miss out there.

I could just be doin this totally wrong and wish one of you housing gurus could just walk in and see how II got it set up.
  12. Raytan Augur

The amount you can store in a house varies with the size of your house. 300, maybe 350, is the largest, if memory serves. Place-able items are also factored in a bit differently. Also, the plot you buy can vary on the amount of items you can store.

Items stack, so each stack on counts as one item, like in you personal bank. However, if you have an alt or another person put in say, blue diamonds, and you have already put it a stack, these will not be stacked together. You need to remove the blue diamonds, or whatever, so you have them in single stack, then put them back into your house for a single stack. Stacks work like in your bank, 20, 100, 1000, depending on the item.

Hope that made sense :).
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Which house you buy dictates how many items you can store.

I typically buy the Zimel or Monel style manors or Domiciles from the loyalty merchant for 432 tokens. These hold 500 items which is shown on inspect (This is a 3 room Zimel Style Stone Manor. The interior is made of stucco and can hold up to 500 items. 300 of which can be any type of items). Or you can buy those from marketplace if flush on funds.

Pretty much any house that says it is a manor or domicile will hold the most. Except for the special expansion houses which hold 600. Stay away from the "huts" and quest houses - those don't hold squat

Items go into a house based on stacking and per character. So if Joe puts 10 roots in a house 10 different times then all his roots will stack together. But if Jill comes along and puts some roots in there then hers will not stack with his. But either of them can take the other's roots out and put them back in under their name to make one stack.

Each stack counts as 1 towards the house storage limit. But each item also counts as 1 if not stacked. That is why you would pull out Jill's items and put them back in so they all stack under Joe's name.

I do not bother with storage crates because they cost extra rent. I just buy another plot and house. You can have only 3 plots so that is where my alts come into play - they buy me more plots

Houses are good to store tradeskill items, collectables, HF armor, and some quest items. Pretty much anything that stacks.

If your putting tradeskill items in your house then it really should hold a lot. For example I have many stacks of 1000 tainted feathers or silks or pelts etc
  14. Windance Augur

You can get them through overseers but it costs you a lot of extra mouse clicks to work your way though all the collectable reward windows. Rather just keep the items if I have them.
    Rijacki likes this.
  15. Gialana Augur

Like others have said, 300 of any item (or stacks of items) is how many you can store in a large house from the loyalty merchant. Before buying a house, you can inspect it to see how many items of any type it can store.

You can increase the storage with either a Fearslayer's Storage Crate or Scalebreaker's Storage Crate. These are achievement rewards, so you can only obtain one of each per character. The Fearslayer's will hold 100 of any type of item and is a reward for killing all rare in the Heart of Fear in RoF expansion. The Scalebreaker's is rewarded for collecting all collections in RoS expansion and can hold 200 of any type of item.

Yes, one house will likely not be enough to hold all of your tradeskill items. Each player can own up to 3 properties. People will then buy more houses with alts and set permissions to allow their mains to use them for storage. Note that if you store an item in a plot you own (and remain the owner for that item), it will show up in a find search. If you put it in an alt's house, it will not show up in your find, so some people have offline inventory management.

You cannot access items from your tradeskill depot through a tradeskill container to use for learning new recipes, which is needed to increase your skill past 300. But you can still store items there. You'd need to go to the bank to extract items for the recipes you want to learn. So the tradeskill depot could be more useful, but it still can be useful for storage.
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I only have one crate on one property, and it doesn't cost any extra rent. It is a quest/achievement reward, so maybe that's why.

Not sure how much others cost (or how you even get them, I have no idea, LOL!), but if it's the same as the house cost (1pp or 1 alt currency per day), then it's really not much of a consideration, as that's very little plat, or some easy-to-get currency from Loyalty.
  17. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Those are the houses I use. The limit for the house/property is 500, 300 of which is the "vault". Those are never displayed, and can be any item. The last 200 items are for placed items, which must be (obviously) placeable, and would show that tag on the item description. You can also "store" placeable items by putting them in the yard (shed?) when storing them. That's different than the vault, and is only for placeable items, but it saves you from having to pick a spot to display it if you're just storing it. Make sure to use this for all stored displayable items, to keep as many slots free in the vault as you can.

As others said, if you have multiple alts storing items which stack, make sure that you combine stacks when adding items, to keep as many slots free as you can. This should be obvious when it happens, since you can have the inventory listed alphabetically, and when you add an item, it takes you to that item in the list, and you can see right away if you have another stack there from another alt.
    CatsPaws likes this.