Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Lyyfe, Jan 2, 2023.

1. Lyyfe New Member

I started EQ in 2001 but was gone for several years recently and just came back in June of 2022.

I've been back long enough to get almost all of the Elite Agents in overseer across three accounts. Each one is missing a couple of elites, but I've gotten multiples of those elites on the other two accounts, so I've at least seen them and know it's just a matter of time.

None of the accounts, however, has ever gotten a single Avatar of Xegony, and I was wondering if it's possible that since I wasn't playing during the patch in 2021 when it was added if I somehow won't be able to get that specific elite agent.

It could all just be bad RNG, but I've retired dozens of the other elites, and I thought it was unusual that the only one I've never seen once was unique (added with a patch and not an achievement).

Am I missing something really obvious? Thanks for any ideas.
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Nobody is locked out of any Overseer agents, they are all attainable. With the small caveat that some are from events which only run at certain times of the year.

Some are also attained from Overseer achievements. I don't remember how AoX is attained, but it may be from that. Do you have all mission types maxed? Do you have all the normal agents (ones gotten through conversion) for common, uncommon, and rare? If not, that may be how AoX is gotten.
  3. AB_H'Sishi Augur

The only Agent which used to be *not* attainable by gameplay was Fippy. Recently a quest to get this specific agent was added to the game.
    In the past months there were quest series with seasonal-related agents of several ranks as rewards.
  4. Lyyfe New Member

Crazy. Not a sign of Xegony after six months of daily Overseer.

Less than 24 hours after I post, I got her on one of the accounts.

So, you were correct. No special requirements for her. Just RNG.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Could you link said quest for Fippy? Don't have him on several on my accounts, yet.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Totally not surprised. Late 2020, had an account with one missing agent (an uncommon), and just couldn't get the lucky conversion. Finally was offered a mission to recruit that very agent! Started the quest, knowing 36 hours later, it would be done. The next day, while waiting for the mission to complete, I did a conversion, and got the agent ;)
    Rijacki likes this.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes, I am curious of this quest also. I just purchased the pack that contains Fippy in the marketplace sale and will be upset if I could have quested it.

All I could find was the update notes from July 2022:
    The Overseer Starter Bundle, when purchased from the marketplace, now completes the new Overseer - Special - Collect Fippy
  8. Gialana Augur

You found the correct Game Update notes. This is the final line in the Overseer updates:
    "- - Additionally, Fippy Darkpaw now has his own recruitment quest that becomes available once the Collect Fippy Darkpaw achievement is completed"

Since you can only buy Fippy once per account, I interpret this to mean that once you buy Fippy, you can be offered a recruitment quest for Fippy. This way, it's now possible to acquire Fippy on more than one server on the same account.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Here is something else I found - that the purchase was changed so that by completing it you could have more than one Fippy across accounts. Not that you get more recruitment quests to get more Fippys.

From July 2022

I don't have any other characters over 85 on my main Fippy purchased account servers so cannot check if this worked out o other servers/same account. But as I did not have Fippy at that time, I did not get an extra one.
  10. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Ok, so I read thru all the stuff about the changes so you can have the purchased Fippy across all accounts but no one is linking or saying what this other quest is to obtain Fippy without paying for him -

what is the quest you mention?
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

If you bought Fippy, then you will sometimes get a recruitment quest for Fippy, just like with other agents. There is no "other" way to obtain Fippy...you buy him, then it unlocks the recruitment quest in Overseer. As was mentioned, this is for people to obtain him on other servers if they bought him prior to the achievement.

You don't get him without buying him.
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Yes, and the reward for that achievement? A Fippy agent!!

That's why the two accounts on which I bought Fippy, have two Fippies ;)
  13. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Ok so the other poster is wrong. There is no quest way to obtain Fippy without first buying him.

I bought him and that pack he came in back in Sept. and I have not gotten any "recruit Fippy" quests. So maybe someday it will pop up.
  14. Brickhaus Augur

The 3 elite agents that you can get from achievements (Avatar of Luclin, Avatar of Anashti Sul, Avatar of Quellious) also have Recruit quests. But again, only activate after you get them on an account. I have seen all 3 quests at least once.

Since there isn't anything to do with duplicate elites of these (retire button is inactive), it's really confusing why EQ bothered to have the quests.
  15. Velisaris_MS Augur

Correct.

I don't know how rare the Fippy recruit task is since I didn't buy him, but going off of the rarity of other elite recruitment tasks I sometimes see, it's probably rare as heck.
    Loup Garou likes this.