Weird Bow/Proc Question (Warrior)

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Cadira, Dec 29, 2022.

1. Cadira Augur

So I'm playing around on this warrior alt, and was curious if anyone can help me with something.

Obviously warriors don't have any long ranged hate abilities other than some stuff with long casts times or long cool downs, or both (unless y'all know something I don't). Sure theres staff of viral flux (good for ranged pulling but no hate), which I'll prob get and use at some point but was wondering if something else was viable in your experience or opinion. My question:

Can you use a particular bow (probably current day bow since proc is fairly substantial agro from the damage?) and fill it with augments that have strong hate components to the point that, one or two arrows are almost guaraneteed to proc at least one of the procs and give you a little agro before they get to camp? Literally just enough agro to keep it off the dps/healer assuming they aren't aeing etc.

I guess I don't know what augs I'd throw in it, lots of current day stuff with procs is primary/secondary. Also I didn't know if proc rate from melee weapons was shared with your ranged attacks (aka will bow have a good chance of even procing at all if I just landed some melee procs the round preceding it?)

In short, is there a way to turn your bow into a low-powered hate spell? Or clicky with good ranged and significant hate generation with no or little cast time and no or little cool down I don't know of?
  2. Alnitak Augur

You've mentioned Staff of Viral Flux, it has a range of 200
    Alchemy-made throwing items:
    Formed Suspension of Pestilence yyy (stun)
    Formed Suspension of Slime yyy (snare)
    Both proc with +2700% proc rate when hit. Both generate +100 Hate in addition to actual spell effect hate, both have a range of 150
    Warrior's discipline on Timer 9 has a range of 100 and recast time of 30 seconds

Basically, you can make a pulling macro with Viral Flux, range throw and discipline activation in a rapid succession. It will allow you to aggro-pull from 200 range without damaging the mob.
    Cadira likes this.
  3. Cadira Augur

The throwing items look pretty cool, might work. Hoping a single throw would proc the thingy but who knows.

Idea is to be as little work as possible, I don't necessarily want to use a social macro with delays if I don't have to.
  4. Alnitak Augur

Make a hotkey something lie this:
    /bandolier activate THROW (where THROW is the name of bandolier set with potions equipped)
    /useitem Staff of Viral Flux
    /doability 2 (or whatever combat ability slot with range attack)
    /disc Bristle (or whatever Timer 9 discipline your warrior currently uses)
    /bandolier activate MyWeapons (where MyWeapons is the name of bandolier set with your current combat weapons)
    between 151 and 200 feet range the mob will be hit only with Staff
    between 101 and 150 feet the mob will be hit with Staff and thrown suspension
    closer than 100 feet the mob will be hit with all 3.

You can mash the button while mob is incoming, it's repeatable and all casts are instant.
    Cadira likes this.
  5. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Cadira likes this.
  6. Cadira Augur

Super good one, sadly that 5m cool down kills me for what I'm looking for ;'(
  7. Wulfhere Augur

The important thing for tank archery pulling is long range, not damage. With a 225+ bow and 150+ arrow you can tag from longer range then most spells and boss effects and bring mob into camp without being snared or injured.
    Ozon likes this.
  8. Cadira Augur

I just want to be sure it has agro on me and not the bard or healer when it comes in, regardless of its range I pull it from but it might not be reliable.
  9. Wulfhere Augur

If you start at 350+ range with an arrow, you can follow up with your full toolkit before it arrives in camp and no problem.

Plus initial aggro is capped. So arrow plus stuff ftw.
    Ozon and Cadira like this.
  10. Cadira Augur

True, was just hoping for something a little more substantial so it's locked on me for certain when it gets to camp, that way I can focus on the current mob or w/e before swapping it to lock agro with discs. Expanse is great but not always going sadly (really wish this was lower reuse time but oh well, gotta give all the good ae agro to knights!)
  11. DCPD158 Elder

Wulfhere likes this.
  12. gnomeboss Augur

Just park Rhythm behind Kattastrafy holding Cadira’s hand when you pull with whatever. All of your aggro buttons are 100 range or less so you might as well wait and hit as many as you need. Be sure to use ae-roar and whirlwind to protect your gnome! Probably should make sure you use rupture for additional gnome protection. You can flash and then tab to Kattastic to kill the mob. EZ.

Obv I’m just being a smartasp. For the record, if there are enough mobs in an arc so that I don’t have to turn at all, I’ll just leave attack on on warrior and pull with malo/slow from behind him. And then dot on inc. The only thing that ever ganks that basic biscuit aggro is mage pet with virulent and monk if I tab over too early. And of course bard songs if they aren’t behind the tank. So odd!
    Cadira likes this.
  13. Cadira Augur

We couldn't get that jerk to come back to game!

Hilariously, nadirah is my bard for this particular crew! Gotta protect my girl!
    gnomeboss likes this.
  14. Wulfhere Augur

If you backpedal your pull into camp, you can /autofire your bow for more attacks and aggro. User your 200-300 range items and abilities too. Long range arrows typically have low damage, so you probably won't activate a summon (but beware of those mobs). Before the body type patch, my non-magical 150 range arrows did zero damage (just hate).

If you're tagging from in camp, then the mob is going to be nearer to you probably so use an item/ability instead, and because /autoattack is probably on (which delays your bow attack) for your mob in camp.
    Cadira likes this.
  15. Dre. Altoholic

Heaven forbid Warriors get agro abilities with range. Who knows what damage to the fabric of reality might ensue.
    Cadira likes this.