The rewards for the 3

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by chronicler, Dec 21, 2022.

1. chronicler Augur

extra achievement in DL is rather bad for casters.

Reward for bear, benefit melee mostly, and wolf also for melee.
    an tiger pet owners.

Some extra benefit for casters would help
  2. Windance Augur

Obviously melee need more love as casters are OP'ed ! :rolleyes:
  3. Lisard Silly

well, if your shield of order (whatever current day name is) drops and you dont wanna interrupt your burn for a refresh cast, that 'Valia's unyelding bravery' is pretty clutch.

if your a caster and your not melee'ing your doing it wrong, you should be up in there swinging your weapon, extra heals from 'spirit drinker's coating' will come in handy when your shield of order isnt already negating everything known to man.
    Ozon and TsiawdMS like this.
  4. Sancus Augur

The healing from Spirit Drinker's Coating is proportional to your melee damage output, not proc output (the latter being the reason why casters melee), so it's going to be really minor as a caster.

Valia's Unyielding Bravery is useful for all classes.

I do think in general, EQ itemization could do a lot more to make interesting things for casters and priests to acquire, but I think these rewards are pretty good as they are.
    FawnTemplar, Beimeith, Skuz and 2 others like this.
  5. Lisard Silly

your still healing yourself on every swing tho
  6. Tucoh Augur

The bravery clickie is good for casters. I think casters get more interesting clickies than melee anyway with bifold and sorcerer's blade.
  7. Marton Augur

I like NoS clickies.

It would be great if this new pet illusion had something ... I don 't know .. tiny Burnout buff or Theft of Essence maybe ... but it's ok, maybe next time :).
  8. Sancus Augur

With a Bard/Shaman in group, my autoattack DPS last raid was 4,224. 4% of that is 169 healing per second, or about 3 ten-thousandths of my HP.

I'm not complaining, I'm just saying it's very clearly mathematically not useful as a caster. It clearly matters how much you're healing yourself every swing.
    FawnTemplar, Yinla, Allayna and 4 others like this.
  9. Cicelee Augur

I chuckled at the thought of someone believing a caster can self survive a NOS raid with Spirit Drinker Coating. Even my 7 year old laughed at the thought too!
  10. Allayna Augur

How amazing would a mana return as a percent of DD/DOT dmg done clicky be though?? Same duration clicky.
    Cicelee likes this.
  11. Cicelee Augur

I am confident wizards, rangers and druids would go bonkers over something like that.
    Allayna likes this.
  12. Treiln Augur

Beastlords (even with Paragon), would want in on this too lol
    Cicelee and Allayna like this.
  13. Lisard Silly

where did anyone say a caster was gonna self survive a nos raid with spirit drinker coating?

3m duration for a caster melee = about 156k health healed over that 3 minutes. is it the same as a BST healing themselves for 3m or a zerker doing 4m healing in that same duration with that item no. its a freebie clickie you can cast during GCD that has Zero drawbacks to using. was just trying to encourage OP to use the items regardless as there is no reasons not to even if they are not that laser eyebeam of OP for a caster compared to a melee.
    Duder likes this.
  14. Duder Augur

The dmg absorb clicky is amazing for all. It is melee, ds, or dot dmg. Nothing to shake a finger at. They gave 3 vastly different items and very few classes benefit from all to a large degree. Just getting this one is the most important and most impactful. The company is trying to add more *fun* clickies and novelties. These are great and much appreciated. Give them ideas for next year if you’d like something else
    Raptorjesus5, Qwalla and Lisard like this.
  15. Cicelee Augur

Sancus earlier said his melee DPS with bard and shaman came out to around 4225 DPS, which translated to 169 health healed per second. 169 multiplied by 180 seconds equals 30,420 health healed over 3 minutes.

Not sure where your number of 156k health healed came from. But 30k doesn't cover one melee hit or a DOT or anything on a raid.
  16. Lisard Silly

sancus math was for an entire event, an entire event is around 10 minutes time, my math is for a 180 second window or 3 minute window of the buff, a mage melee is gonna be 7-11k dps depending on the group makeup.

*just to elaborate any more quotes, those were just the highest possible numbers i could find looking through logs when i had made that post, it varies by event obviously your not gonna apply the scenario to every event with mechanics / movements its just the absolute potential. the averages are more in the 30-80k range if applied to most ToL raids from what I see. and yeah its not great or even worth clicking, so dont.
  17. Ozon Augur

Add in SKs, BSTs to that list