Darklight faction achievements are going to turn into a mess

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by alanus, Dec 10, 2022.

1. Qwalla Developer

I had an extremely clear design vision with this. Each animal has one item to bestow on you. So helping the animals gets you the items. I do not plan to add any other ways to get the faction.
    Nennius, Rijacki, minimind and 4 others like this.
  2. Warpeace Augur

Why? Obtaining the Spirits is crazy easy since you can farm them in the static zone or in the instance.
    alanus likes this.
  3. Allayna Augur

Please no.

I clear them when I do the mission when my lockout is up. Darklight is a smallish zone and people already feel entitled to roll through "because I'm on this step of the quest" and take the mobs.

I ask this though:

How is instance flipping that mission any different than idk....getting 20 people in zone and spawning a pick?

At 3 AA per turn in, it would still be a "catch up" mechanic for returning players but not egregious in nature for how much experience you gain...
  4. Zunnoab Augur

I strongly suspect you didn't just exaggerate, you forgot that spirits in the open zone are targets for everyone passing through. I suspect when servers come up the distribution is similar. And 17 isn't anywhere close to typical.
  5. Paladin Augur

The AA was huge, sure... but other than that pleasant surprise (I liked it) of that, pick zones and the need to progress to this zone... and enough MoB's in each room for a group on either end of the same rooms... there was and has been no 'mess' I have seen. The progression part alone will slow down how many get to the zone at their own paces. Meanwhile, those who got there first have or about to move on by the time newer players with access arrive.

In fact, it was easier to get the faction done than it was to get the dropped collect sets done.
    Qwalla likes this.