Darklight faction achievements are going to turn into a mess

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by alanus, Dec 10, 2022.

1. Robnie Augur

I could certainly see tuning down the aa's.

I hope they don't totally gut it though. It really doesn't hurt to have a nice way to help catch people up even if what's currently happening might be a little over the top.
  2. Marton Augur

Yes I remember.

It's not 2002 however and we have a giant mountain of AA's that people have to acquire. Catch up method is necessary.

You have any other suggestions how to do that?
  3. Tucoh Augur

1. Drop the spirits from the mission.
    2. Add them to Deepshade, which is a great zone that players should be spread into instead of Darklight.
    3. Drop the AA rewards by half

Will still be a good catchup mechanic but not overwhelmingly so.
  4. Zunnoab Augur

That kind of thing was usually taken care of in the next patch, not immediately. Emergency patch level stuff was typically far more severe, if I recall correctly.
  5. Coaca New Member

Sorry, this was a bad example. I also dont want the game back to 2002, only if i will be 20 years younger again.
    I wanted to show that i have a bad conscience by just doing the quest. For me it feels like using an exploit, but i just shouldnt worry about it.

I like Tucohs idea. Additionaly the quest shouldnt give any more AAs, once faction is maxed and the 3 quests are done, so people stop collecting unending shards and keep em for next expansion.
    (Perhaps its already the cause, iam not that far yet).
  6. Vumad Cape Wearer

AA lines cost 5AA and gas was $0.80/ga. Inflation changes the price of things and also how much we earn.

It was nice back in the day when people were able to complete enough on 1 character that they had time to do it again on another character. People playing alts distributes class knowledge, and makes players better. It's okay that some things get done fast and people do it again on another character, because most importantly lower playtime people can still keep up.
    Zunnoab and Svann2 like this.
  7. Windance Augur

The folks that say you can get 300 AA in 20 min are exaggerating greatly.

*IF* you have access to a group that can kill the spirits quickly and *IF* you have the zone to yourself and *IF* someone happened to spawn and leave all the spirits up *AND* you were to dump all the drops on a single character *THEN* you might be able to pull those kinds of numbers.

Normal folks just aren't going to have everything line up like that.
  8. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Folks here always exaggerate. You’ll have people claiming they only play a couple hours a week, but really they’re dropping 40+ hours a week.
  9. Svann2 The Magnificent

Did all but one spirit in static zone on 2 characters with no issues. Didnt even know about farming the mission till last day of it.
  10. Windance Augur

This morning turned on the log/parser to get some real world data.

Group was setup in the "living flowers" area.

101 kills at a sustained 1.99 M group DPS over a little over 1 hour

Each kill nets between 1.0 and 1.1 AA per kill or roughly 100-110 AA/hr from just killing mobs.

24 x spirits = 144 drops / 3 per quest = 48 quests / 6 people = 8x quests/ea x 16 AA = 128 AA/ea

That assumes ZERO time to request and turn in the items.
  11. Tucoh Augur

This feels about right. The last bit is something that could be quantified and would reduce the AAs/hour moderately if the group was being boxed and modestly if it wasn't.

A key aspect is that any group that can really take advantage of this doesn't need AAs all that much.

If the spirits spawned in Deepshade I'd say that this would be a good catchup mechanic that should be left in. Darklight is a bit too tight of an area to cram players looking to boost their AAs.
  12. Windance Augur

Moved over to doing Spirit of cunning.

Logged kills for ~ 60 min.

97 mobs killed over 62 min.

18x spirits killed = 108 drops / 3 per person / 6 people = 6 quests x 16 aa = 96 extra AA

Again assuming zero time turning them in and getting new quests.

This area was a bit harder. Seems like we often had 2-4 mobs in camp with respawns over top. Also had two different named spawn so slightly slower kills/hr.
  13. budman New Member

Is it intended that they are tradeable on FV? You can continue to trade in past 2k ally faction. If you have the plat, you could easily get about 2k AA every 20-30 minutes of turn ins and it seemingly has no end.
  14. Qwalla Developer

We have already decided that changes will be made to the rewards for finishing the quests. Sorry to you all :) You'll still get the same amount of faction, though!
    Thunderkiks, Silvena and Zunnoab like this.
  15. RandomPerson New Member

Will the XP be shifted to the achievement reward from meeting each faction threshold so you still get some XP from doing the quest?
  16. Qimble Augur

The real way to tell it's currently broken AAXP gain is that it winds up being over 5AA per kill on live with a full group and having a DPS merc up actually increases your AA per hour rather than decreasing it like they usually do.
  17. Lisard Silly

the only thing that makes this "broken" is the fact you that the spirit's have a high spawn rate in the group mission spirit fades. so you grab the mission and you automatically have like 20-30 spirits up in the instance (compound the drop by 6 people having the task) so its an easy 60-100+ free spirits of X. think if you just left it as is, but reduced the 100% spawn rate of the spirits of X in the group mission it would balance itself out since you have to actually Spawn them in open world

DBG has a history of not understanding balance. they turn the dial to 11 or they turn it to 1. currently the dial is at 11 due to the group mission, nerf the spawn rate in group mission turns the nob down to a healthy 6
  18. Tucoh Augur

20 spirits? I've never seen that many. I only did the mission and killed the spirits a handful of times though.
  19. Lisard Silly

i may have over exaggerated but the point still stands. 17 seems to be the highest amount of spirits in one mission thats still 54-102 freed spirits of X per 10 minutes roughly at 16 (17 if have perk) per turn in and you only need 69 freed spirits if you use a double faction potion. like i said, nerf the spawn rate in the group mission and it solves the problem of easy XP and slows down the rate at which people complete the quest.

-Combined (13): a spirit of strength in 551s

-Combined (9): a spirit of bravery in 450s

-Combined (13): a spirit of strength in 628s

-Combined (17): a spirit of strength in 810s

-Combined (9): a spirit of strength in 430s

-Combined (13): a spirit of strength in 552s
  20. Angahran Augur

How about adding more ways to get this faction ?