Live server leveling

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Chris_p_W, Dec 17, 2022.

1. Chris_p_W Lorekeeper

Quick question I have just started up on Firiona Vie And have a real easy time up to the Mid level 60s. The trouble I have is knowing what to do next. Im hunting at the Wall of Slaughter but gear is starting to be more important now that mercenaries are not face rolling stuff as well.
    I have googled many guides and they have helped but I am not sure where I should go for plat at my level. Between mercs and spell buying its getting harder. The loyalty bag of plat helps but the server economy is kind of harsh... Just buying a full set of intricate or elaborate defiant would cost between 100,000 and 200,000pp and that's if you can find it in the bazaar.
    Is there a money zone I don't know of? I have been mass killing in AC for around 4k an hour but now the zone is greening out and I would prefer to get exp and plat.
  2. Treiln Augur

Well for experience wise, mid 60s you can start in on the "farm" in Dragonscale Hills. Decent loot there. Not amazing, but it'll hold you over. The farm has repeatable "kill quests" (kill doombugs, crows, scarecrows).

If you /ach and look into Hero's Journey - quest lines in your level ranges and in those zones offer gear that's a bit better than defiant for you level ranges as well.

PoFire is another one that can take you into the low-mid 80s and has decent loot
    The Hole is decent into lower 70s and decent loot
    Splitpaw (revamped) is a good exp spot into the 70s and drops gems galore on lower levels
    Dre. likes this.
  3. demi Augur

if all you want is pp .. hit up old seb .. lots of gem drops there and mobs should be LB to green
    if you want better xp and pp maybe try Underfoot .. you didnt say what class you are so not sure how the class your playing does on soloing ..

also something to think about not sure how much loyalty points you have but gold tickets sell on my server (bertox ) anywhere from as low as 30k to as high as 75k .. and i think gold tickets are 860 loyalty or something ..

are you all access ? do you have a journeyman merc .. ? can you tank the mobs or your pet and use a merc dps or healer ..

sometimes you get more xp by killing tons of LB mobs vs Dark blue that takes longer to kill ..

are you looting everything, even TS mats .. you can usually sell the mats under Barter/buyer or even in general chat..

and when all else fails BEG .. my begging skill is maxed .. you'd be suprised how nice some people are when you word it right and ask for gear or pp .. I myself have given hundreds of K pp to a newb .. ive even given a krono to a guildie as a prize for a stupid scavenger hunt .. so there are nice folks that still play ..

if you want a good server (FV is populated ) try Bertox its medium population and well I'm there :p
  4. Chris_p_W Lorekeeper

Thanks for the suggestions... I have played lots of the Tlp servers so I know the low level stuff its just that there are so many systems that where added and are not well explained.. I played weeks without remembering about the tribute buffs or that I had a lesson of the devout In AAs that i had to make a hot button for and use. I'm sure i will see a guide that explains something I should know and I will feel even dimmer
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Do you know about Franklin Teek in POK? He offers the "hot zone" quests where you go kill 5 mobs in a zone for your level.

A couple things about this.

#1 ask for at least 3 tasks within your level so 55/60/65 or close to those. If you only ask for one then you get a lock out till tomorrow.

#2 The zones stay hot so even after you kill those 5 you will still be getting bonus exp.

#3 There are special augs in each hot zone but you can get them anytime so good to farm for your crew

#4 Each task rewards your choice of 1of 3 level appropriate armor - shoulders or belt with haste or back.

If you open your Hero's Journey or the "achievement" screen there is a great listing of places to go and weapons and armor that is given as a reward.

I would never outfit any of my characters under level 110 from the baz. There is too much good stuff to be had just by questing. But you have to research a lot of it. So its the age old decision money or time?