Ach notices in guild lobby

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Loup Garou, Dec 15, 2022.

1. Loup Garou De loop de loop

I know we get all sorts of other player's achievements notices in the lobby - for example when they complete an Overseer ach or even a level gained thru exp from Overseer and collection ach finishes etc.

And then we have the /ach notices for when someone perhaps was TA's into a remote group and got that partisan quest or similar or even the Hunter's ach while they are sitting in lobby.

All of those are understandable how and why we see them in the lobby.

But why do we see "travelers" ach when the player is not even in our guild? I know we see them for guild mates. For example I just saw someone gain The Freerrott Traveler ach and is not in my guild or my group. Its not a game wide announcement or we would be seeing them from everyone in every zone.
  2. weredingo New Member

some times they just lag. its not uncommon for me to see them pop up from 4-5 zones back win im traveling a lot on a new character. sometimes your character gets bugged and they dont register then they alll flood in at once next time you log in
  3. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I just wish there was a way I could limit it to seeing just my guildmate's or even only my own. Or even that I could filter all or some to a window that I can 'background' (like I do for loot rolls)
  4. demi Augur

Alt-O > Chat> achievements > drop down <show> hide, mine, all ..
    Rijacki likes this.
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

They need to add 2 more options to that: guild only and group only.
    Nennius likes this.
  6. Silvena *poke*

And if it weren't filtered under "emotes"
  7. Zunnoab Augur

I actually like seeing that stuff. I think it's kind of neat. Optional filters are nice though.
    Silvena likes this.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

I think if they didn't have the accompanying "thunk" sound with it (for people nearby), it wouldn't be so bad.

I can't tell you how often I've gone AFK in the lobby for a bit, turn to another computer to do something, forgetting that I left the sound on (sometimes on high), and then jump out of my skin when that sound hits randomly out of the blue.
    Stymie and Rijacki like this.