We had Randomized Loot....It is Time for Randomized Mobs!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by negolin, Dec 1, 2022.

1. negolin Journeyman

Trash, nameds and raid mobs - 1% Chance of Spawning in other zones.

Venril Sathir is in the Crushbone Tower! The noobs run for the exit!

Rallos Zek is seen in Everfrost Peaks!

Fippy Darkpaw is hanging with the pirates in Gunthak!
    Brontus likes this.
  2. Chopsuey Augur

3. 3rdconix Elder

While I see the novelty of this, there are several issues with it. Just the most obvious one: You can render main pick popular zones literally unusable until server reboots. Imagine a zone like UR filled with a bunch of COV era mobs? They will one shot every single player every single time.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Even if it was possible to randomize the NPC's that spawn they would be of the same level and power range from the same expansion. You would never see a raid level mob popping up in a newbie zone.
  5. Brontus EQ Player Activist

I think this might be workable to have various named make guest appearances in different locations within the same dungeon from time to time, to mix things up and counter the predictably of most zones. The Ghoul Lord and the Froglok King should be able to move about every now and then and try to claim part of lower guk.

That said, it would be cool to have various named show up in other locations too. I don't see why Lord Nagafen, Lady Vox, and the gods can't leave their lairs and planes every now and then and go on a world tour rampage of Norrath with their minons.
  6. Raptorjesus5 Augur

It's a terrible idea and I love it.
  7. TLP Addict Augur

Appears they gave us Guild roulette instead, some guilds can log in, others cannot.

That's what I call randomized.
  8. Spooky Augur

I like it but there's no shot they'll put in the amount of work needed to do this, unless it's only in-era raid bosses. Most models are not global, meaning they load on zone-in.

Unless you want them to look like naked humans. I'm kinda down.
  9. zurgar Journeyman

If raid mobs popped in their normal areas and also had a chance to pop in random zones within that area it would be pretty cool. Would be nice to see guilds have to gather and rush to those zones. Would have to be careful on what mobs have the chance to spawn in these places though. If Vyemm spawned in Velks you would have to find a new place to XP because no one is going to kill that mob other, then to get to Vulak.
  10. Aterminator Journeyman

the way the game works it wont work, the zone has a number of mobs in its database.. only few are global (char models, pets etc) if a mob not in the zones database spawns the model is just a default human male.
  11. Shamoo New Member

Cant we just have the AoC send us to a random raid encounter in that expansion that way you may prep for venril sathir but get gorenaire instead
  12. strongbus Augur

if i remember right they where going do something like this in eqnext. not different zones but if you sat in one place killing mobs to long they would stop respawning and respawn somewhere else. something like each mob had like 3 different locations it could respawn every time it died