Overseer: Frostfell task credit

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by NyteShayd, Dec 9, 2022.

1. NyteShayd Elder

Category: Quest [Can Repro]
    Date/Time: Fri Dec 09 13:13:37 2022

Character: Level 120 Ranger (Main)
    Zone: Maiden's Eye

Description: I have successfully completed the Overseer task "Snug in Their Beds" four times on this account, received the reward each time, but have not received credit in the /achievements window and have not been given access to the next task in the chain, "Avarice Never Ends."
    Gialana, Yinla, Velisaris_MS and 2 others like this.
  2. Carden Journeyman

For the holiday Overseer achievements, I have had to use the following strategy to actually get credit for the Overseer tasks:
    1. Start the next Overseer task in the sequence.
    2. Log out by doing a "/camp desktop". For some reason, when I log out to desktop after doing Overseer tasks, my tasks don't seem to "disappear" as often.
    3. Later, when the Overseer task is completed, finish it.
    4. Go to your achievements window and check whether you got credit for the task that you just finished:
    • If there is no checkmark next to the task that you just finished, then restart the task that you just did. It should already be listed in the available tasks due to this bug.
    • If there is a checkmark next to the task that you just finished, then do not restart the task that you just did. Instead, look in the upper left corner of the Overseer task window to see when the available tasks will rotate. Next, do a "/camp desktop". Later, after the tasks have rotated, the next task in the sequence should be available now, so go back up to step #1 and start it.
    When I use this strategy, I still occasionally run into problems getting credit for the tasks, but it happens much less frequently.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I saw this same issue on 2 of my 6 accounts for the first quest (A True Friend).
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Update: Verified in both those accounts, A True Friend did give credit the second time (I have the achievement check now), but I do have 2 of each of the new recruited agents, so that verifies it didn't work the first time.
  5. Evurkvest Augur

Same issue as with the Nights of the Dead achs. There was a bug report, cant find it now.
  6. Janakin Augur

I have now had this happen 9 times on 4 accounts. Here is what achievements look like:

[IMG]
  7. Janakin Augur

Keep having to redo the one that somehow gets unchecked. Been leaving my guys just logged in since someone said zoning or camping messes it up.They did have the check mark previously.

True Friend unchecked 7 times, Snug in Their Beds 1 time and Silent Night 1 time.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

It's hard to complete achievements when the achievements apparently don't want to be completed.

Perhaps giving them sentience was a bad idea.
  9. Gialana Augur

I did not get the box check for the Frostfell elite recruitment quest, A Wonderful Awful Idea in 2 of 4 instances. The 2 that didn't get the check mark had critical successes. Perhaps it's the critical success that's the source of the bug.
  10. NyteShayd Elder

I had, and then lost after camping, a checkmark for A Wonderful Awful Idea. I now have three Santuggs.
    Tatanka likes this.
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I have now seen this as well. After my earlier post, I started checking for the checks up quest completion, so I would know if I needed to repeat them. Since then, none had disappeared on me. Til last night. Completed A Wonderful Awful Idea on the last account, saw the check. Logged out. Logged in today, check was gone, quest was offered again, so making run #2!
  12. NyteShayd Elder

Update: A Wonderful Awful Idea

1. Quest in progress, no achievement check despite multiple prior successes
    2. Overseer offerings rotate, AWAI is available despite being in progress
    3. Opt not to take AWAI, claim other finished quests, put new non-Frostfell quests into motion.
    4. AWAI finished (critical success), reward not claimed. Achievement checkmark appeared in Achievements window
    5. Waited for Overseer to rotate quests without claiming reward for AWAI
    6. Quests rotate. AWAI is offered again, despite Achievement checkmark
    7. Claim critical success reward. Achievement checkmark disappears
    8. Start yet another AWAI
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Many of the sub quest repeated for me also but I just went ahead and did them as they came up. I did not have 2 at a time going cause last time I did that it erased them both.

So after repeating some of them once or twice and others repeated 4 or more times I was able to get the ach.

Sometimes they would be checked off and still repeat and other times they would not be checked off.

Meanwhile one of my other characters breezed thu and only did each sub quest one time and got the /ach. And they have not been doing Overseer as long as my main.

One thing I do on all characters is to collect the reward when it is offered. I figured out on some older quests that getting the reward also can flag you or it does something that makes everything come together

Every time I go to the lobby there are at least 1 or 2 notifications per hour that someone has finished that Frostfell quest. So I think if you just keep doing what is offered it will all come to pass. This is pretty much what the last "special" Overseer ach did too.
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Just had AWAI check disappear AGAIN. Really wish they would find a fix for this. How many Santuggs do I need? LOL!
  15. Velisaris_MS Augur

Since you can't retire agents from the special events (meaning extra copies are literally dead weight), they need some sort of code that checks to see if you already have those iconic agents and prevents you from getting dupes.