Question on the TLP's

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by James, Dec 9, 2022.

1. James Augur

So for someone coming back to the game after being out of it for years which TLP would you suggest for say a brand new fresh player?
    Preferring the newest standard TLP with normal progression (but I don't know which one that is).
    PS: Whatever is recommended, what expansion is it currently on and when does the next expansion drop? Just trying to gather all the info, thanks all.
  2. MischiefTLP Augur

Newest standard TLP is Yelinak, PoP opens Jan 5
    Easiest to catch up is Mischief, PoR opened yesterday
  3. James Augur

Yea but that servers been out since forever and I would be starting from scratch haha that seems a stretch
  4. Vark Journeyman

You will cactch up a lot faster on Mischeif than recent Yelinak honestly!
    I started back from scratch on Mischief 3 months ago, lvled 2 lvl 70's, yes i dont have the same uber gear as everyone but the server is awesome with tons of nice people
    Brontus likes this.
  5. Thirtyrack New Member

Well, those are your options. Anything else is further along or has odd rules. I've made characters on both servers in the last month and it wasn't that bad to catch up. Helpful people in EQ, and you don't have to be in the best gear or have all your AA's to group or raid. So catching up is just leveling and you are done. Find a guild and they will surely help get any keys or quests you need, if you show you are committed.
  6. James Augur

Just so I understand . . . how did you level faster on this server than other tlp? What makes leveling faster on this server?
  7. Oxylus New Member

Nothing replaces the feeling of coming back to the EQ you remember. Yelinak will probably be that for you. But sometimes the EQ you remember isn't all that great for your real life. Gear availability is wholly, ridiculously saturated on Mischief, and because of that, you can always catch up. Give them both a try, but I simp for Mischief because I can never go back to sending 54/72 at a boss for 2-3 pieces of loot again.
  8. Vark Journeyman

Well first exp rate is higher, second its a free trade server so you can buy cheap raid gear as you lvl up and helps you lvl faster.
    And we are also up to PoP auto grants free AA so as you lvl over 50 you will receive AA which will make you stronger lvling from 50 to 70
  9. Oxylus New Member

Gear availability. The market is saturated with cheaper higher quality gear that gives you a much faster leveling experience. You may not want that at first, but when expansions turn into trying to get the most fun out of content in the end, you'll want to spend far less time trying to play the upgrade game.
  10. James Augur

what expac is Misch on currently?
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

One thing to consider is play on a live server for a little bit and play through the tutorial as it can provide some information on things to help bring you back up to speed.
    Meridian likes this.
  12. Tweakfour17 Augur

PoR opened yesterday
  13. code-zero Augur

To summarize:
    Play through the tutorial and early CR content free on a live server so you can get a feel for the game before paying.
    Mischief will be much easier to catch up on due to the random loot/free trade ruleset. There's a lot more to catching up than just grinding static camps till you're max level

That's all
    Captain Video likes this.
  14. Krunchinator New Member

Mischief is going strong still compared to other tlps at the same point. Drop off after PoP/LDoN is going to hit Yelinak hard, server seemed less busy than mischief did in the 6 weeks I was playing so that can't be a great sign.

I jumped off mischief in May and wanted back in since July but just haven't found the time. If I had it I'd be back.
  15. Herf Augur

Agnarr is pop/ldon/ykesha locked and has a small but friendly and vital scene, with at least 4 raiding guilds. New or returning players are welcomed and helped. If you are content with the era lock I'd suggest you try Agnarr out. If you like it, find and join a guild as it's a very social server.
  16. James Augur

When do we expect the next tlp to release in 2023?
  17. jeskola pheerie

May
    code-zero likes this.
  18. Vlahkmaak Augur

If BST is not in at launch will be skipping that one too :)
  19. Bewts Augur

I joined Agnarr the beginning of October. After buying 2 Krono and selling them, my ranger was outfitted in Velious / twink gear and started leveling. Plane of Knowledge Soulbinder is the place to go get buffs, and most get handed out on request or MGB’d throughout the day.

Fast forward the 2.5 months to now and I’m level 65, 200+ AA, halfway done with Time flag, VT key done and push top 5 DPS in Time.

I met some great people, many who box at least 2 characters that helped in all sorts of ways. I even got my epic before I could Proc it’s slow with some help with / kills of course.

It’s a great community, has a fairly active set of guilds that raid throughout the week; some people even have mains in multiple guilds that generally seem to have staggered their raids nights so people can raid TH/SU with one guild and WED/FRI with another. It’s a fairly ideal “adult” community that accommodates the fact that most of us have RL so raids are between 8 PM and Midnight eastern time zone.

As a returning player looking to dip your toe into TLP, I suggest Agnarr because (1) you won’t ever fall behind because it’s locked at PoP and (2) it will always be around if you want to try a TLP launch and find you don’t like it.
    Herf and Chyron like this.
  20. Herf Augur

That's an excellent summary of the Agnarr experience.

I think it also says something about Agnarr that the guilds all get along, and some people even multi-guild, which is generally ok as long as a given toon is committed to a single guild.

There are also periodic "plat raids" run by Xeris where anyone can come and raid Time and make some coin.

The nice thing about PoP/LDoN/Ykesha lock is that you can either take it slow (since you can't fall behind) or you can pursue boxing, or even on a single account run multiple characters up to the max of 65. There's always time to quest as well. Lots of people hunt useful clickies as well; which takes time when you're equipping a dozen or more toons :) For all of us who've said in the past that we wanted to experience older content on in-era lvl of characters, there's something to be said about taking a lvl 65 somewhere to help get something for your lvl 30 box.
    Chyron likes this.