Tradeskill Depot -> Market Request

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veltio, Dec 7, 2022.

1. Veltio Journeyman

Currently we have 10 tradeskill depot slots available for purchase for 250 market cash, and 20 slots for 500, for a rate of 25 cash per slot.

Would we be able to have

40 for 1000
    80 for 2000
    100 for 2500
    200 for 5000
    400 for 10,000

matching the amounts of cash that can be purchased.

[IMG]
    Windance likes this.
  2. Heimdall Elder

So you're saying having to buy the someday functional Carpal Tunnel Reduction Mechanic 20 slots at a time is giving you carpal tunnel? ;)
  3. Veltio Journeyman

I'll take any mercy I can get!
    Windance likes this.
  4. Tegila Augur

It should be cheaper in bulk
    Emarra, Silvena, Nennius and 3 others like this.
  5. Veltio Journeyman

I certainly wouldn't mind a bulk discount at all, though that may be a harder sell to the EQ folks in charge. I would think the above request would be trivial to implement, then decide on bulk discounts after the fact, after the change has been made.
    Rijacki likes this.
  6. Tegila Augur

I mean, look at the sheer number of ts items in the game. I know I'm gonna need over 1k slots in the depot once I get to shuffling everything over and that's not counting tinker poison and alchemy on a different account. I got FF on main so have max starting slots now, but having used housing to store it all before, the sheer numbers of what I keep in stock is in the 4figures mark, and I don't stock nearly as much as others. Buying 10slots at a time is too tedious or 20slots even so I'll probably never buy any unless offered both in bulk and at a bulk discount.nid be wanting at least another 500slots, which would cost $125 lol no thanks
    Elyssanda, Rijacki and Veltio like this.
  7. Evye Augur

A Guildie did the math.
    He figured that it would cost him around 20,000 real dollars to get everything off of the mules and onto his main character.
    Are other people in the same predicament?
    Arcolin likes this.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Don't forget the member discount of 10% making it only 22.5 per slot after the discount.
    Veltio likes this.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

How do you get that? There are only 5000 slots that you can upgrade to making it $1,125 to purchase all of them with the member discount or $1,250 without it. Once you factor in the slots you got from purchasing the expansion it will be slightly less.
    Arcolin likes this.
  10. MischiefTLP Augur

Just wait until the guild tradeskill depot comes in with the ship-to-ship combat patch before deciding whether or not to spend $1000 to consolidate.
  11. Tegila Augur

Over a grand is still a big no lol.

That said, my Hope is that next year maybe they'll make some sort of collectibles thing like this, perhaps in guild bank or a collectibles only "shed" or crate, for housing so the contents can still be shared with others. There are 32 items in each zone as far back as RoF, at an average of 8zones per expansion, and 10(? Not counting, but I know it's about 10yrs) expansions later, were over 2500 collectibles not counting special events, housing, etc.

I like the idea of he depot except a few things others have brought up, but it also doesn't allow for any sharing outside one account. Another suggestion to improve it might be to add a button on parcels vendor to retrieve directly into the depot, that would make moving all the crap previously stored on other accounts a lot easier.
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

And a coupon would help.
    Arcolin likes this.
  13. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

My hope is that they would create guild depots like EQ2 that are plat- purchasable NPCs or boxes that can be placed in the guild hall and items withdrawn/deposited like the guild bank but specific to an item type. EQ2 has a potion/poison/consumable depot, collectible depot, spell scroll depot, tradeskill depot, and a couple others for item types not in EQ. (I forget all that are available now and don't want to log in to look :)) Heck, even the EQ2 guild bank is so much more cavernous than the one in EQ.
  14. Cicelee Augur

I demand a senior citizen discount, even though it will be another 15-20 years before it is official...
    Nennius likes this.
  15. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Main thing I would like is to be able to grant others access like housing plots.

So I can manually add the names of my alts and trusted friends, even for a use-in-known-recipes-only mode.

or fellowship sharing at least.
    Tegila and Nennius like this.
  16. Evye Augur

Perhaps he didn’t know there was a cap. Or maybe he’s bad at math.
  17. Heimdall Elder

I'm expecting them to retool the ratios. Nobody is going through 10,000 cups of sugar. So make it 1000 slots to start with 2500 cap on the item or something...
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

There are other ingredients that people will use a lot of and they will want to stock up on in mass to reduce how often they need to restock. And I don't think the stack size is limiting how many slots you get.
    Rijacki and Veltio like this.
  19. Tegila Augur

But they may have 10k fish scales for each expansion. That's only 100 fish
  20. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

The fish scales thing is just terrible.
    Annastasya likes this.