Confirmed Visage of the Grimling - shield graphic

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Deija, Dec 8, 2022.

1. Deija New Member

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or posted yet, but I'm super bummed because I spent quite a bit extra for this illusion with the NoS expansion just to find that the grimling illusion does not support a shield graphic. The shield floats out away from the character at an odd angle and looks really silly. I would post a SS here but I don't have a way to link it. I sent in a petition (with a SS) and I'm hoping that developers can take a look at this graphic and fix it, please.
    Yinla, Syylke_EMarr and Diani like this.
  2. Syylke_EMarr Augur

It's not too bad, at least with my current shield, but here's a picture:
    [IMG]
  3. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

[IMG]
    Deija likes this.
  4. Deija New Member

This is how mine looks. It floats to the side, parallel with the ground. :(
    Yinla and Andarriel like this.
  5. Diani Augur

It is indeed a bit depressing to have an illusion and having a shield stick out of your sides, for that is how it looks for me.
    Deija likes this.
  6. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Hmm, are you all female models or male models?
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Female i havent tried to see shield on my ranger whos male.
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

[IMG]

On my male ranger.
  9. Izzard of Bertox Augur

Mount illusions won't work. Maybe you (Devs) could let the poor Grimlings ride a horse? Didn't we upgrade to 64 bit for these kinds of things?
    Andarriel likes this.
  10. Soulbanshee Augur

No that's not what 64-bit does, only "player" (or maybe generally humanoid races) have mounted attachments, there are many illusions that arent going to mount.
  11. Deija New Member

Female dark elf cleric.
  12. Deija New Member

I wonder if it's a female grimling illusion problem. It seems the SS's of the males look normal when the male grimling has a shield.
  13. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Yeah, noticed it in game with a guildmate. Female model had janky shield position with the same shield graphic I'm using on the male model.
  14. TrueNorth Developer

Was able to confirm this and it is now being tracked internally. Thank you for your reports!
    Yinla and Deija like this.
  15. Izzard of Bertox Augur

Gremlings are humanoids, just sayin.

I dont expect to put on my chicken suit and successfully ride a horse.
  16. Hamshire Augur

You need to buy the 140$ plus expansion to get these illusions which is fine but for the future would it be possible to some way make it so the illusions can have the option to use old and new models? I myself and some others ive known have seen these expansions come out wanting the illusions for TLPs but strictly don't buy them purely for the fact that the model isn't old and or because it doesn't have a new / old option.

Just an idea, I really think sales would go up on these if this was possible.