Tradeskills past 350 ever going to be a thing?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Raptorjesus5, Dec 5, 2022.

1. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Just curious if this has ever been mentioned or alluded to by a Dev as being on the table for the future.

Did anyone take the effort to continue learning new recipes after you hit 350 or did you just call it a day at that point?
  2. Zarkdon Augur

I hope not.
  3. Riou EQResource

When they first were testing beyond 300 they did PH up to 500 iirc
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Doesn't matter to me either way. Haven't gotten any of them over ~325. Too much drudgery for too little payoff.

One question, though. If they do raise the cap, will points 351+ be earned the same way as 301-350? If so, they'll have to make sure there are enough learnable recipes for each trade to get to whatever new cap they implement. I can see that being an issue for research, which requires more than 50 recipes to be learned to gain one point of research skill. Since they haven't added rank 2s to research since level 101, there haven't been many recipes added since AP/skill 350 got implemented.
  5. Marton Augur

Un-manly to admit but ... yes, I hit 350 and was glad it was over :mad:.
    Varillian, Toukan and Raptorjesus5 like this.
  6. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

From 350 to 400 should be on non-trivial combines (old skillup method) with the chance of a skill up a limit function that approaches infinity at 400, so someone could strive and work forever and get to 399, but never to 400!
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

So the only way to win, is not to play!
    Toukan and Vumad like this.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That method of skillup was broken past 300 which is why they switched to recipes learned instead. They would have to redo the system in order to let you skill up past 300 by doing combines.
  9. Raptorjesus5 Augur

I'm a bit weird but outside of fishing and foraging, I enjoyed the process. It got me to go to lots of different areas I otherwise would never have spent time in. That being said I did do it after 4 new expansions of recipes were available which made the whole thing way easier than it was for those who did it in 2018.
  10. Svann2 The Magnificent

New recipes should be drops!
    :p
  11. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

They could just add AA''s to the 350 lineup. Starting with a required 350 in the skill to buy the AA, then just add points.

I thought it was mentioned that there really was nothing to gain from raising the cap though. Make some older combines more successful maybe? But by the time you hit 350, you're really not dredging through older stuff and increasing the trivials higher and higher would force more people to have to complete the "learn x recipes" portion that is not very popular. Maybe if they also added a method to learn those recipes without having to do 2.5k+ combines per TS... but eh... That'd spur off a whole other dramafest about how "I had to do it so everyone else should have to."

I think they should look into other methods to advance crafting. Maybe a trophy boost, requiring the maxxed PoR version. Add in some modifiers, better salvage boosts, better success rate boosts.. just in small increments so they don't "spend" it all in 1-2 xpacs.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  12. Raptorjesus5 Augur

A long quest chain in the vein of Rallos earring to unlock new trophy ranks could be interesting. That way both players at 300 and 350 could participate and enjoy the rewards.
    Wdor, Vumad, Wyre Wintermute and 2 others like this.
  13. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

For those that possess the required dose of sadism to actually enjoy EQ1 tradeskills, I salute you.
  14. Velisaris_MS Augur

If they improved the 301-350 experience so other people wouldn't have to put up with the hand/wrist pain I did while doing all those clicks (especially Research), even if it means going "easy mode", I wouldn't complain one bit.

Anything that removes useless/excessive clicking from the game would be a good thing.
    Allayna and Tatanka like this.
  15. Mossaa Augur

Did finish 3 toons to 350 when the 350 got added. Think it was in 2017.
  16. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Personally, I would rather see a gigantic, epic (not epic weapon, just majorly time consuming and complex) quest to allow me to have one combined super trophy or modifier to all skills, as opposed to allowing the TS cap to climb higher. Or even, like the shears, something that boosts the capacity of the modifier even if not the actual skill.

The TS depot is a huge step forward for crafters. Improving it to allow some type of manual interaction while on the TS container would be pretty much the last missing piece to have it be an extraordinary improvement to the lives of crafters everywhere.

Perhaps even the ability to have the advanced looting integrate to send items straight to depots - imagine.

These are all things i'd personally rather see implemented long before raising the cap further.
  17. Tegila Augur

And since then have added hundreds more recipes per skill that such a completist will have already learned with each expansion so likely to be little work to go from 350 to any new max for those at 350 to start, if of course they ever do such a thing
  18. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

This would make for some amazing ForumQuest!
  19. Flatchy Court Jester

You guys made it to 350? :(
  20. Heimdall Elder

Assuming EQ lives that long, I'm sure that eventually there will be Tradeskills beyond 350. I doubt it would use the same recipes learned system. Likely it would be an AA to go to a different system - potentially even the make lots of things system or another entirely - And that AA would require 350 to buy.