Non-Normie box group

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Treiln, Nov 29, 2022.

1. Tappin Augur

The accounts you should role perma gold depend on what stat augs you are going to be using. Classes that use HP/Mitigation in combat are going to benefit more from gold than others. If you are going to be pulling with the bard, it would be beneficial to run that account gold. However, in small groups, that will not translate into a significant uptick in deeps.

As for the necro, there will be little to NO reason to load each trash mob up with dots, because the mob will be long dead before any real benefit of doing so. Besides, mana will be an issue. So those arguing that a necro rotation is hard to manage, really depends on what you are doing. On trash mobs, it's not going to be an issue. On missions, without using isn't boxer, it would be more difficult.

All the classes need to have all or most of their sub and class AAs, but it's my opinion the necro will not need to be gold. The beast pet will be tanking and require the pet earring, and the bard if pulling, will benefit from the stat augs more thant he necro. Just my two cents.
  2. Tappin Augur

It's my opinion that the stat augs need a retuning to make the non HP/Mitigation augs more usable.
  3. Treiln Augur

You do realize I’m just progressing right? I just hit 115 and don’t have the means to be CoV raid equipped to steam roll ToV/CoVToL content. So these mobs that are holding 15-20 million hp in tier 1 content, isnt dying with a single undergeared BST, an undergeared (and will be under leveled) Necro, a DPS merc and a healer merc, in 30 seconds.

While not loading up 8-9 DoTs, I’m sure I’ll go through 4-5 DoTs full duration on trash mobs. I stepped into EW to start on progression (merc quests), and tested my abilities (Beastlord molo) on the ghouls right outside of the camp. While I was able to handle 1-2 just fine pet tanking, it was a 2-3-4 minute fight for those 2 trash mobs alone. And even with Paragon, I ended the fight at 40% mana (albeit not fully buffed).

I’m not running a group of 3-4 player characters and 2-3 mercs. Mobs aren’t melting in 30 seconds to make my Necro a moot point.
  4. demi Augur

if the mobs are taking 2 - 4 min to die , then load them up with the necro dots.. your bst pet can tank fine so who cares if it takes 2min for a mob to die .. as you get more aa's and gear you will eventually melt the mobs.

Necro especially, once your necro gets more mana and AA's you'll be able to snare and pull 3 or 4 mobs at a time stack em up with dots and let them die sure might take few minutes but in those few minutes will be 3 or 4 mobs dying while your bst pet attackes them from the rear.. just make sure your necro has agro and bst taunt is off .. also your rogue pet will be BS from the rear..

dont under estimate the power that is Necro ..
  5. Treiln Augur

Oh no I’m not at all. That comment was about the Necro being nigh useless because mobs die too fast for his DoTs in group content. But group content is just the BST molo’ing with a Heroic Necro (haven’t gotten around to playing a lot this past week).

Right now it’s just 2-3 minutes while I molo with the Beastlord. And since I main the BST, I think I’ll root rot 3-4 mobs, break root with DDs from BST and let the warder tank, Necro pet DPS, and just pull them out 1 at a time, with each mob having less and less health by the time they get around to being tanked
  6. Tappin Augur

As already stated, if you want to play a necro, just play one. You don't need anyone justify it for you.

But I still stand by my 2 cents. If affordable, all three classes would benefit from gold, but if you can't afford it, I would chose the beast and the bard for gold. If you are just playing the bard for some added utility, maybe just run the necro and beast instead. Never really been a fan of small groups that focus on utility. The necro and beast will put up some good numbers, and it's much easier to box 2 than 3 (I bet you would put up better numbers with boxing 2 chars, than 3).
    code-zero likes this.