Suggestion: Make Parcel the Default Tab on Parcel NPCs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Brontus, Nov 26, 2022.

1. Brontus EQ Player Activist

When I head to a parcel NPC, I usually go there with the purpose of checking my incoming parcels and sending parcels. When I interact with the parcel NPC, the vendor tab displays first instead of the parcel tab.

Would it be possible to make the parcel tab the default tab for all parcel vendors?

If this is not possible, could you make a box in the Options that would let players do this?

[IMG]

Thank you in advance for your consideration on this matter. :)
  2. Celephane Augur

Please no. There are parcel only NPCs and they work. The rest are also vendors and that is why most people use them
    Yinla, code-zero, Tarvas and 3 others like this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I am not in favor of this either.

The original Parcel merchants were the ones in Sunrise Hills, Guild Halls and POK which is why those particular ones do parcels only.

The others were given the additional job of being a parcel merchant as time went on and players requested it. The most recent example being the NPC in the guild lobby. So the tab was in third place on the window.

So one has a choice if they were to prefer a parcel tab up front then they can use the parcel only vendors, no need to change the layout for one or two players.
    Waring_McMarrin and Wayylon like this.
  4. mewkus Augur

I think the solution would be to have the client simply remember which tab was most recently used for these types of NPCs. If you use them for parceling, then the next time you open up their window, it defaults to the parcel tab. If you don't, then it wont.
    Waitwhat and Brontus like this.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They already have NPC's with the only purpose being parcels and those only have the parcel tab. On all other NPC's that also have the ability to send/receive parcels I would wager that most people use them as a vendor over using them for parcels. There is no reason to change this to save a single click for the less common use of the NPC for parcels versus as a merchant.
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Even this has problems as you might use an NPC for the merchant side of it 90+% of the time and not want to have to switch back after you use it for the parcel side a once.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I won't be using the parcel merchants much at all once the Tradeskill Depot goes in. Currently I switch between parcels and vendor depending on where and what I've been farming.

I'd prefer things left as they are now. :)
  8. Iven the Lunatic

No. It is fine as it is.
  9. Brontus EQ Player Activist

I thing having parcel only NPCs is a great idea. I've never seen one.

I play primarily on TLP servers. I use the parcel vendors a lot. The parcel vendor NPC in Commonlands tunnel is used primarily for sending parcels from mules to alts to mules and to mains. Rinse and repeat.

Included in my original suggestion is to have an option you can check off or on, to open parcel capable vendors with the parcel tab as the default in the Options menu. Only the people that wish to use this would be impacted by this. Everyone wins.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  10. Brontus EQ Player Activist

Great idea! :)
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Even playing mostly on TLP you have not seen Postmaster Aric Songfairer in Sunrise Hills? On a side note his mail quest was so abused on TLP that they altered it so it could not be repeated.

Any guild can purchase Friendly Guild Parcel Delivery Liaison and for your own house you can do a quest and get Hyredel Swiftstride your own personal parcel merchant!

Those are an example of parcel only merchants.
    Brontus likes this.
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I like the parcel in housing zone he's a parcel only npc. Course sometimes he likes to sing lol.
  13. Hegsheoshed Augur

How anyone misses this part of the request is beyond comprehension.

I myself have had enough distractions where I have mistakenly sold something that I meant to parcel. Can't buy the item back because the vendor is full. Item gone. Mistakenly parcel the item to an alt and the item is recovered since you can at least see the message where it went.

Now if the people that prefer the vendor selling window were to accidentally parcel an item to someone not an alt it equals the same end result of selling the item to a full merchant. I don't parcel many things to others where I have to worry about an 'honor system' of them parceling me payment in return.
    Brontus likes this.