Duplicate Elite Overseer Agents Will Not Retire

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Lurikeen, Nov 14, 2022.

1. Lurikeen Journeyman

I have two characters, each on separate accounts, doing Overseer quests and as duplicate Elite Agents are accumulated I retire them. However, Avatar of Cazic Thule and Fippy Darkpaw duplicates cannot be retired. The retire button remains greyed out and cannot be interacted with. All other elite agent duplicates can be retired by clicking on the retire button, just not Cazic or Fippy. This has been ongoing since the last patch in October. Before the last patch I had no problems. I have fully logged out both characters and logged back in. I have ran validation on game assets via the launcher. None of those actions have rectified the issue.
    Wulfhere, Jumbur and Arial like this.
  2. Bernel Augur

The elite agents you get from special events cannot be retired. Lower level ones can be used in conversions, but there's nothing you can do if you have duplicate elites from special events. It's not a bug exactly, but it is something that EQ should address.

I think their concern is that you would retire the elite agent by accident. Since it is only acquired through a special event or by purchase, they want to ensure people don't mistakenly retire an agent which they can't get back. My suggestion would be to allow these agents to be retired, but only if there is 2 or more. That is, if you have two Cazics you could retire one. If you have one Cazic, you couldn't retire it.
    Tatanka and Arial like this.
  3. Arial New Member

Yeah, I picked up 4 of two different special event agents and only then realized I couldn't retire them, so they taunt me every time I open my agent list. :eek: I think their concern is valid, but I agree that it should let you retire as long as you have more than one, and then grey the button out if only one left.
    Lurikeen likes this.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

If this is going to be the way to gain new agents from now on (via seasonal events), then they need to add new retirement echoes for these types of agents that let you still retire them for Overseer category xp, but can't be used to get lower level agents. Perhaps replace that option with something else, like AA.
  5. Hegsheoshed Augur

All agents should be locked to never go below 1.
    Silvena and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  6. Dyna Elder

My Overseer has never run.

I bought a pack from DB thinking it may help but if i read things right online that may have been worse.
    There are no quests ever offered. I believe the one required at the beginning is missing the agent?

Can't seem to get any help anywhere.
  7. Loup Garou De loop de loop

I don't see any posts about this from you before today's post so not sure where you are not getting help. Let's start at step one and figure this out.

Is your character level 85?

This link has is an excellent walk thru.

http://www.bonzz.com/overseer.htm
    Skip down and start where it says OVERSEER WINDOW

Dyna likes this.
  8. Dyna Elder

Thank you level 120

Sorry I was not trying to say no one is helpful, I tried many times to get help by searching for answers online, I am unable to get help by petition because they seem to think I don't know my favorite food Lol!
    I gave up and didn't want to try calling.
    I will check the link!
  9. Dyna Elder

Well I don't see anything that helps me, the quest window is empty always I have a bunch of agents I guess that was from the pack I bought.
    Under completed it says 2 successful which is weird because it has never shown me a quest even though i have tried to run it many times.
  10. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Ok on the window below, if it was your screen what do you see on the far left where it has the number 1 in red?

Make sure the tab at the top is clicked for "quests" and do you see "rotate in X hours X minutes?

[IMG]
  11. Loup Garou De loop de loop

On those tabs at the top again, click "active quests" and do you see anything?

So you see the "2" completed on this screen at the top left?

Or do you see that on your "stats" tab?
  12. Dyna Elder

At the top it says No Offered Quests are Available at This Time
    It has always said this.

No the whole Quest screen is black and empty but for the note at the top no quests and the available agent pull down selection below
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Dyna likes this.
  14. Dyna Elder

Thank you I will check it out

Mine never had the (tutorial quest) on it.

I guess hers fixed itself. I read somewhere you have to have the agent that was for the tutorial and sometimes they were missing, they said delete certain files on overseer in EQ folder, tried that it stayed the same.
  15. Dyna Elder

By the way I have 2 other accounts all would run on the same Everquest folder and they all work fine.
  16. Dyna Elder

17. Arial New Member

Dyna, you might get more dev visibility/help by creating your own new post in Bug Reports about your issue, rather than posting in this thread which is about something totally different than your issue.
  18. Tatanka Joe Schmo

The other way to prevent dupe special event agents is to not offer the recruitment quests once you've already done them, or if you bought the pack in the store which has all agents for that event.

The only loophole I can think of for this approach is, if you do some/all of the recruitment quests for an event, and then purchase the agents in the store after that.
  19. Dyna Elder

Thanks.
  20. Dyna Elder

Thank you although I don't understand what you are say, sorry.
    I have a black quest window there are not ever any quests offered.