Unique player housing question -- please help

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by coffee349, Nov 13, 2022.

1. coffee349 Journeyman

Here is a question for a GM or community member at large.

I have a general information question to askabout how it may be possible to get the original Evantil’s Abode (which is the Tree House for EQ player housing) that may be placed on a player’s housing plot.

My second question is really the same type of question, which is a simple question, surrounding ships that may be placed on a player’s housing plot?

I don’t know what the name of the item is at the moment, I think it is called the Wayward Lady?

Finally if there are any other unique player housing models that may be used and placed on a player’s housing lot I would appreciate any information with respect to how it may be obtained? The real problem is how do you get or claim these items? I know some no trade items may be available on Firona Vie, but I have never seen any of these unique player houses for sale on Firona Vie either.

If anyone has any information then please post it if you think it will benefit me or anyone in my position either now or in the future.

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help.
  2. Loup Garou De loop de loop

The Tree house, Evantil’s Abode only came out with the collectors edition of Rain of Fear expansion. In 2021 they brought it back as part of a package for the special "Rain of Fear Additional Items" only from August 18 and left the Marketplace on August 31,2021.

Same for the ship, The Wayward Lady which came out with The Darkened Sea expansion collectors edition and is not available any other way. They may come out with a collectors special in the future so keep an eye open for that maybe.

They also have the Hive of the Bixie which was included in Collector's Edition of the Call of the Forsaken. They also offered that one recently with a special pack.

If you did not buy these either of those times then you are SOL (sorry out of luck) unless they offer it again. They are not tradable and are not prizes.

So there is not really a way to buy either of those unless they chose to release them again or if a friend has one they are willing to put on your plot so you may enjoy it but that is very doubtful. They are both no trade so cannot be sold thru baz or between players

However there is the special Hermit's Hideaway. The difference is that this house is a LON card game prize. If you buy the LON decks you have a small chance of getting it as a reward. But even better you can sometimes find it for sale in the baz listed as Prize: Hermit's Hideaway and can be traded until you claim it.
    Aanuvane and Elyssanda like this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Wow, good answer lol. I was typing an entire thesis on this but you posted first and its much clearer than what I was trying to explain.

Bottom line is that it has nothing to do with FV or any server. The reason you do not see them for sale or trade is because they are no trade for every server. These housing items are special and only came out when that particular expansion was released or when they offered the specials the last 2 years.

Except for that Hermit's Hideaway.

I would suggest however, that you make a level 1 character on the server Drinal and go to Colonial Island: Park Circle section, The player Vlad is a extreme housing dude and has created some amazing houses from items in game. He has floating ships and towers and chapels and ice rinks - its just amazing. And a lot of his are interactive, the npc talk to you - I have no idea how he did that. The harley motorcycle coming out of the flames in the fire place is just amazing with how real it looks.
  4. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I don't like Loup Garou's post, but he is correct in all he says.
    Maybe the "extras" from the PEs and CEs from RoF (tree), CotF (hive), and TDS (boat) will come back up again in a year or two or maybe they'll decide to put the unique houses directly on the Marketplace. One can only hope.

I finally decided to get the Hive, one day too late from the extras being on the Marketplace. I made my mind up faster with the Wayward Lady.

It's sad that there are only 3 houses with unique exteriors and one with a different interior, well wall colour.
  5. coffee349 Journeyman

Does anyone have any idea how to get a Hermit's Hideaway?
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Did you read what was posted above?

It was said

However there is the special Hermit's Hideaway. The difference is that this house is a LON card game prize. If you buy the LON decks you have a small chance of getting it as a reward. But even better you can sometimes find it for sale in the baz listed as Prize: Hermit's Hideaway and can be traded until you claim it.

So you can buy it in the baz if you see it for sale. Or you can ask in chat if anyone has one they want to sell. Or you can spend way too much money on LON decks out of the marketplace and try to get lucky. The last one is not a good idea cause it will just frustrate you when you spend hundreds of dollars and don't get it.
    Elyssanda, Rijacki and coffee349 like this.
  7. coffee349 Journeyman

Does anyone have any ideas with respect to unique player housing being made available on any of the time-locked progression servers?

Is this a possibility?

Any opinions would be appreciated, thanks.
  8. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I believe, if you bought the special package with a unique house, it will become available when the server unlocks that expansion, just like all other expansion specific items.
  9. KermittheFroglok Augur

So as others have alluded to, these are only available with the expansion bundles. The "bundles" have been on sale twice. Once when the expansion came out, and then again in recent years when DBG started re-releasing a couple bundles each year.

However, the past 3 old expansion bundles they sold were the ones you're looking for. Rain of Fear (the tree) was sold in August 2021, Call of the Forsaken (the hive) back in June 2022, and Darkend Sea (the ship) back in August 2022.

In brief, if you want items exclusive to past expansion sales, keep an extra eye out around the spring/summer. Here are some threads on the sales described above.

Contract of the Jann | EverQuest Forums (daybreakgames.com)
    Purchase of Current and Past Collector's Editions | EverQuest Forums (daybreakgames.com)

Here's when I'd forecast to see these sold, in parenthesis I'll describe the items that stand out from each expansion bundle.

Spring 2023: Broken Mirror
    Summer 2023: Empires of Kunark (Ganak Monument, but I personally doubt they'll include it because it was pre-order item)
    Spring 2024: Ring of Scale (Wveryn, kind of a big dragon you can ride.)
    Summer 2024: The Burning Lands (Magic carpet you can ride, & a Jann merc.)
    Spring 2025: Torment of Velious
    Summer 2025: Claws of Veeshan (Othmir Gentleman illusion)
    Spring 2026: Terror of Luclin
    Summer 2026: Night of Shadows

It's possible they might resell the items you're looking for at some point, but again, it seems like they're progressing through each expansion when they have these sales.

Your best bet is probably to ask around your guild and see if anyone has a duplicate of any of those bundles' houses (a handful of people actually do from boxing/etc.) they wouldn't mind placing for you on your plot. Just remember, you're at the mercy of the person that owns the house, they could change their mind later so don't get too attached.
    Rijacki likes this.