Mercs are broken please fix them.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hart_Xegony, Nov 10, 2022.

1. Kristynn New Member

It sounded to me the OP meant he had to afk often irl for whatever reasons and didn't want to put that burden on any real players or guildies that he may group with so he uses his mercs for solo play. We probably shouldn't automatically assume the worst in people.
    Nennius, Treiln and Agrippa like this.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And they did respond by thanking people for the reports, marking it as confirmed and fixed internally. There was plenty of evidence that they where working on fixing it as fast as they could.
    Treiln likes this.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

It's quite simple....

He AFKs a lot, so grouping does not work for him. He has to rely on mercs to molo/box. He didn't say he uses mercs to AFK hunt. If you had included the rest of his sentence which you quoted, the meaning was pretty plain.

This is true for many of us.
    Svann2 likes this.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Yes, but that's not why I take any pleasure at all. I am fundamentally against Mercs. Seeing that they're broken by what was supposed to be a reward is an ironically satisfying twist of fate.
    Treiln likes this.
  5. Stymie Pendragon

Without mercs the only way to play EQ would be on an emulated server. They aren't the devil we want, but they're the devil we need. Grouping on live prior to end game does not exist.
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

Is it really fixed? The other thread says fixed and the thread is locked so I cant ask there. Mercs seemed wonky today, but maybe that was just their normal screwups. Seemed like weak heals.
  7. Treiln Augur

So I didn’t want to bring this up because I have no way to log it and check it myself, but I’ve been struggling still with my healer merc. Used to handle multiple mobs at a time and now I’m struggling with 2-3. 4-5 seems like a wipe almost every time, even while using discs and my own heals.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I've only had time in the last couple days for a certain partisan task which I do when I'm short on time.

Tuesday (day of bug) was horrible. Very weak heals and melee mercs were generating agro on steroids. Didn't play Wednesday, Thursday after bug fix, everything was back to normal, and so was Friday and Saturday. This is for level 120 mercs. Obviously, YMMV.

For the record, "back to normal" for me on this task (level 115) is 2-3 pulls are fine, and may not even require a tanking disc by the SK. Melee mercs on burn can't pull agro from the SK. Names are doable without danger of dying, but not a cakewalk, either.
    Treiln likes this.
  9. Treiln Augur

May be because I started doing a few HA's and I think they ramped up once I had broken 90 and then 95. But it went from facerolling to being conscious of my pulls.

Edit: Quick update - logged in, ran an HA, and didn't seem to have the struggles I went through the past few days - seems it's back to normal for me as well.