Coin drop off trash in ToL missions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gialana, Nov 9, 2022.

1. Gialana Augur

Ever since the bonuses started for Extra Life, I noticed that the trash mobs in Close the Gate don't drop platinum. While I think they used to, I can't say for certain. Does anyone here know if these trash mobs dropped coin before the Extra Life bonuses?

I checked respawned mobs in the base zone of Bloodfalls and Maiden's Eye. In both, mobs dropped coins, though it didn't seem like it was double their typical drops. I haven't checked any of the other missions to see if the trash mobs drop currency.
  2. Cadira Augur

I have seen zero instance of "double coins" in my travels and don't know what they are referencing, making me wonder if whatever it is they are talking about is broken.
  3. Smokezz The Bane Crew

99.99% sure double coin refers to raid currency and group mission currency. Not plat off mobs.
    Tatanka likes this.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Thanks, because I was wondering the same thing as Cadira
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I edited it to 99.99% sure, since I don't think they've ever doubled things like this before... but everyone is excited for raid currency to be doubled. And raid loot is already doubled to the point it's overflowing in chests and preventing some items from dropping at all... logically it's that coin.
  6. Syylke_EMarr Augur

It's definitely not raid/mission currency.

However, we did confirm that we were getting twice as much plat from raid chests last night, so my expectation is that it's just plat/gold/etc drops.
    Silvena likes this.
  7. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Good thing I edited it! What a weird thing to double the drop of in that case... it would have been much better this late in the expansion to let those that hadn't finished up their augs/gear to get it done.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Well then it must be for raids only, then. I ran GamParse on the last two weeks, and last night wasn't any higher than what I've seen in the past.
  9. Zunnoab Augur

The raid award message triggers twice (still with the wrong text); just not the award itself.
  10. Koutarou_E'ci Elder

Yeah, definitely not getting any extra from trash mobs. Have not gotten over 60 plat off BoA mobs yet, just in the 40-55 range as normal (in group of 3 + 3 mercs).
  11. Gialana Augur

I killed trash mobs in the missions Shei Vinitras and Oubliette of Light. They did not drop any money. Maybe they never have, and I just didn't notice.