[PAL] unlink timer 11 discs (Armor vs Penitence)

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Wulfhere, Aug 19, 2022.

1. Wulfhere Augur

Since paladins are still lacking a 4th tanking disc that the other two tanks have for their rotations, I've been thinking that we could simply ask that our two disciplines on Timer 11 be un-linked.

Level 88 Armor of Courage line
    Level 97 Reverent Penitence line

These two lines are alternative choices of: AC, 20% mitigation, and a defensive proc. The flavor comes from the procs.

Un-linking them would help fill the long downtime gap in paladin tanking disciplines and substitute for a truly new 4th discipline.
    alanus, Allayna, Koshk and 3 others like this.
  2. Szilent Augur

wut
  3. Maedhros High King

That would be cool.
    After they nerfed Spell casting reinforcement mastery our disc uptime went to crap and none of our more modern discs ever got adjusted even a little bit to compensate.
    Unlinking these discs would be an easy band-aid that I'd certainly welcome if they are not planning to put the work in to adjust the duration of all our discs out a little bit.
    Defensive disc down time is atrocious and has been for years now for paladins.
  4. Raltar Augur

I...don't know what to say here. SKs don't have 4 defensive discs. We have two on timer 11, just like paladins do? What is this mystery 4th defensive disc that SKs have?
  5. p2aa Augur

I think the 4th disc might be Reaver Bargain AA
  6. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Seems fair, but apples to apples, let the unlinked disc have a 20 minute reuse, cost 4500 end/sec, be unremovable and have an exhaustion mechanic if you drop under 10% mana or end since it's meant to compare to RB.
  7. Maedhros High King

Are you offering paladins a version of reavers bargain?
    Sold!
    Fenthen and Syylke_EMarr like this.
  8. Syylke_EMarr Augur

I'm not that person, but I definitely think Pallies need a version of Reaver's Bargain.

Not only is it something I think they should have, maybe it would make the devs notice that Bargain hasn't been updated since TBM :p
    alanus and Maedhros like this.
  9. Qimble Augur

Since it would literally be an extra tanking tool I don't currently have that still sounds amazing?
  10. Bracenz New Member

WTB passive aggro on paladin's since we have none and the other 2 tanks get a ton of it. I think the Dev's just hate the class all together lol. Get any advantage nerf it to nothing or remove it.
    alanus likes this.
  11. Laeadern Elder

Seems we are getting just that after NoS goes live strangely enough....lol.
    alanus, Treiln and Maedhros like this.
  12. Allayna Augur

Boy. This didn't age well.

AKA: "Soon" TM
    Maedhros likes this.
  13. Warpeace Augur

So, next expansion :cool: