It's Getting Hot in Here - Cooling Chamber

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by spaceice303, Nov 7, 2022.

1. spaceice303 New Member

The quest from Thorbin, It's Getting Hot in Here fails to advance past the step 1. Many forums describe how difficult it is to trigger steps 1 and/or 2. I'm have trouble just getting step 1 to advance. I have tried all of the suggestions (drop quest, re-acquire, with/without merc and/or familiar, zone out/in after getting quest, etc). It seems to be a location trigger, but perhaps coupled with a proximity to a certain npc as well.
  2. asdfqwerasd Journeyman

i just finished completing this on my 6 box crew. i started on 3/30 and finished the last one on 4/8.

i only got more than one completion per 24 hour period once and this was at two different spots, the rest were only once every 24 hours or longer and the longest period between completions was 3 days.

5 out of the 6 were at the open camp by the lake where the reagent mixing chambers are located. 1 was by the named donan twest. 0 were by eldaa.

i tried staying and killing non stop for 8-10 hour sessions and the only time i ever got it to progress was after camping and coming back after a period of time. the last two i never killed anything except the traitorous when it aggroed.

i did find out that you dont need to kill the traitorous that aggros to progress that step you can kill any traitorous worker once it is on that step.

my recommendations to those going after this task is to come once a day, visit the spots mentioned and if the task does not progress pretty much immediately come back and try the next day. that doesn't mean this is the only way to do this task successfully, however, if i ever do it again that is how i will proceed.