Suggestion to streamline Temple of Veeshan on TLPs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Oct 22, 2022.

1. IheartEQ Elder

Guilds can't complain if you use adult logic.
  2. error Augur

Cut Vulak`Aerr in two, each raid to receive half.
    fptackle likes this.
  3. fptackle New Member

That's because your guild has a bad reputation. I'm not saying everyone in the guild is at fault. But having played on the server since classic, I too wouldn't trust your guild to honor said agreement.
  4. modsiw Augur

This is hilarious. It’s never going to affect me, but I say leave it as is. Some drama is good for community building, and dozens of adults locked in a Mexican standoff wasting hours of their time over pixels is *chefs kiss*. Anyone catch this on a stream?

The reasonable way out is for a representative of each guild to /roll for who kills the last Lord, then race Vulak. If the loser nopes out, then at least you have some entertainment while everyone stands around waiting.
    FranktheBank likes this.
  5. FranktheBank Augur

This is actually an important point. Some drama/contention is good. I look back at Agnarr very fondly and when I look back, it is because of the story lines. Faceless being top guild, Trucidation played the villain. You didn't really want to root for Faceless, but you definitely didn't want to root for Truci. Every expac had pretty good conflict story lines culminating in Truci getting absolutely wrecked by the PoEb bug.

r/AgnarrFlames was lit. Great times. Now everyone basically joins the same guild because they dont really want to compete and lose.
    MustardonWatermelon likes this.
  6. coltongrundy Augur

No. Koi is not one of the mobs that triggers Vulak. But even if he was, that would not be a viable solution. This would be comparable to leaving Lady M for last since she's an easy quick fight and very close by to Vulak. If there were 2 Lords/Ladies left up and one of them is Lady M and one raid goes to kill the other one, It just creates the same original problem with extra steps.

Raid 2 waits for Raid 1 to engage Lady N or Lord Vyemm or whatever, then Raid 2 kills Lady M. Lady m dies first, Raid 2 gets back to Vulak's area first, Raid 1 has to finish fighting the last dragon, triggers Vulak, and gives up a big lead to Raid 2.

So in reality what would actually happen is the longest fight is always saved for last, nobody wants to engage, everybody sits around waiting for the others to give up first.
  7. coltongrundy Augur

You can't force other people to be reasonable.
  8. coltongrundy Augur

Fixing the Vulak stand-off would not eliminate drama/contention/competition. It would just speed up the process and you get you to the DPS race instead of sitting around waiting.
  9. Mashef Augur

Just make it a ring event again like the OG days, remove the Thylex of Veeshan and give the ring event back. Add 1-2 items at random from Vulak loot table to the 4 mini named that spawn during the ring event to make it worth the 2 hours. Close the area off so no one new can join to prevent exploiters and effectively make it a de facto loot lock.

Remove the event requirement for lords/ladies all together and put this ring event on it's own timer of 5 days +/- 12 hours for OW.

This solves all issues. You can now pick and choose which Lords/Ladies to kill in OW and your DZ. Being that the DZ is 6 hours and ring event is 2 hours - enjoy strategizing for your needs.
  10. FranktheBank Augur

Literally a mountain of work for an insignificant problem.
  11. Machen New Member

Or, just revert it to Vulak 1.0.

The guild with less dps will not win on a fight that takes >1 hour, no matter who engages first.
  12. Ravanta Suffer Augur

You can't. Lord Koi has nothing to do with Vulak spawning. The TLDR is he's a fish lord, not a dragon.
  13. Mashef Augur

100% true. Also true that it is how it should be. The thylex was dumb from the day implemented it was years ago.
  14. FranktheBank Augur

I disagree, but its also outside the scope of this thread and outside realm of possibility.