Nerfing of TS stuff in NoS

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fortuneteller, Oct 24, 2022.

1. fortuneteller Augur

Seems that the ts is getting a large nerf in this expansion.

There will be around 700 TS objects, and in TBL, TOV, CoV, Tol you could make ALL of the slots.
    This time you can only make a specific type of slot.
    This will in average result in 25 items per slot and for ring, wrist, earring the requirement is a lot higher.

You can risk that for a slot ther might be 5 only, random being random.

This is an extreme bad change

And that is for raiders.

For group it is just as bad, they can kill 30-40 named/missions and not even get the item for a specific slot as well. If you think I am exaggerating just see how many collects for a specific collect.
  2. Dalrek_MM Elder

Shouldnt you be feedbacking on this in the beta forum?
  3. Iven the Lunatic

Where is the beta forum hidden ?
  4. ArtremasEQ Augur

If you have bought the new expac, for access to beta, then they show up at the bottom of the forum list.
    Iven likes this.
  5. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I pre order can see beta forums.
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Dont see anything that the OP is talking about in beta froums though.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

I don't either. From what I've seen posted, it's just the same cut and paste items they've been putting in game since TBL, just with a boost over the ToL versions.
  8. Treiln Augur

Could be he would be the first to post about it?

(Death to TS is okay by me )
  9. Duder Augur

What? The thread doesn’t even deliver anything indicating any sort of nerf. In fact, it is hard to tell what the OP is talking about at all.
  10. Smokezz The Bane Crew

The tradeskill items are changing to slot specific ore drops. No clue wtf the collectibles comment is about though. They're the same as they've always been.
    Duder likes this.
  11. Svann2 The Magnificent

For raiding thats only going to change how people bid. Maybe its a good change. If everyone else has their chest 'ore' then fewer people to bid against.

ATM they are all tradeable though, but Im guessing that will change.
  12. Sobmre Augur

can someone translate trollish ?
  13. Svann2 The Magnificent

I think his issue is that with generic ores he can get 22 drops and fill out all his slots (assuming he wins the rolls) but with slot specific 'ores' it may take many more than that depending on whether he gets the right slots to drop or not. If it keeps dropping wrists and he is waiting on chest for instance.
    Sissruukk and Fenthen like this.
  14. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

This is a bad change. We’ve already been through specific template drops (race, class, slot, armor types, etc) and they’re never good for the player experience.

Please stop reverting systems. In the same way that the Simpsons did it applies to ideas for TV, Everquest already did it just go check the history.
  15. Svann2 The Magnificent

How is it any worse than waiting on the right slot drop from T1?
  16. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Who said T1 had a good system? Mostly everyone passes on it and just gets the ores. General purpose works best, and gives an option to the bad T1 loot system.
  17. Tatanka Joe Schmo

If they're going to do this, they REALLY need to make the ores tradable, or there will be a lot that just rot, which is a shame.
  18. Grove Augur

As I understand, the equipment system involving crafted items reflects back to the armor system in House of Thule/Veil of Alaris. In that the armor pieces dropped (one expansion tradable, in the other expansion not tradable) but to be useful a crafted template was needed. For the new expansion as I am reading, crafted items are available for all slots including augs, but a piece specific dropped item is required to make it useful. As to whether the completing dropped item is tradable is not known to me.

Recent expansions have had a secondary armor system consisting of dropped, tradable items with less/fewer stats that (sometimes?) required a merchant-sold implementing item.
  19. Svann2 The Magnificent

You said "stop reverting systems" and T1 loot style is the oldest system in the game. This is the first Ive heard anyone in 23 years complain that T1 loot isnt the right way to do it. People complain when wrists drop too often (cursed RNG) but thats not a complaint against having slot specific slots as loot.

And while many do pass on T1 raid loot, Its mostly done to save dkp. Most dont pass on T1 group loot when its an upgrade.
  20. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

People have always complained about RNG. It’s why there is a currency system for raids and general purpose ores for tradeskill items. Look at your own post:

You say how is it any worse, but why are you not asking how is it any better? It’s simply not better at all.