Not A Bug Fix broken UI

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Randomwarclrth, Oct 17, 2022.

1. Randomwarclrth New Member

Let me start game in full screen Everquest on default. I am SO SICK OF HAVING TO GO BACK INTO FULL SCREEN EVEYR TIME I PLAY.

AND HERE IS THE BUG:
    AND SO SICK OF EVERY TIME I FORGET TO ENTER FULL SCREEN BEFORE ENTERING THE GAME, THE GAME COMPLETELY TRASHES ALL MY CAREFULLY PLACED WINDOWS. AND I HAVE TO SPEND MINUTES UNLOCKING WINDOWS AND PUTTING THEM BACK TO WHERE THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE AND RELOCKING THEM.
    Brontus, Stymie and Herf like this.
  2. Kedra Leafwalker Lorekeeper

try typing "/reloadui" it will or should reset your windows to what you have them set to in either Full screen mode or Windowed mode.
  3. Evurkvest Augur

This will not fix this issue.

And yes, this is getting beyond annoying.
  4. Shillingworth Augur

It's a kind of silly but effective workaround. Next time you adjust all your windows to where you want them. /camp out, do not /camp desktop or even click yes on fast camp, just let it camp normally to ensure the file gets saved correctly. Then tab out and go into your EQ folder. Look for a file named UI_CharacterName_ServerName.ini, copy and paste it to create a duplicate file then rename it to something like UI_Backup_ServerName.ini. Now when you load into the game and switch to full screen you can use the Copy Layout button in options to copy that ini file's layout and restore your carefully adjusted full screen setup.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  5. Moege Augur

[IMG]
    /ponders
    Stop using whatever you are using.
  6. JeffHanson Augur

Umm, that is a feature of one of the more egregious cheat programs.

That aside, forcing the game to launch in windowed mode is a lazy, band-aid fix. I'm sure it's beyond annoying.
  7. Svann2 The Magnificent

did you mean the /load command?
  8. Loup Garou De loop de loop

I doubt they are going to go back. After all no one went back to horse drawn carriages when the car was invented.

This whole post should be closed cause this is not a bug anyway.
  9. Stymie Pendragon

Fullscreen isn't subpar to windowed mode. In my opinion it's quite the opposite. If you were to compare old school fullscreen, like EQ has, to borderless fullscreen mode then I would agree with your analogy.

It will likely be a long time, to never, before they fix this issue. The game worked perfectly fine for around 2 decades for the people who preferred either windowed or full screen by default.

However, the OP is describing the hastily applied band-aid fix rather than an actual bug.