Mischief DoN Beastlord Weapons Question

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rando777, Oct 3, 2022.

1. Rando777 New Member

Been hearing some very different ideas from different beastlords, and wondering what the best primary/secondary weapons are on Mischief for DoN raids. I’ve had people say with all the new dmg/crit buffs out with this xpac, that higher dmg weapons are better, as opposed to spiked steel baton with Timelapse for example. I always run with a bard as well so I think the higher dmg weps make sense, it’s just hard to tell since those 750-2250 timelapse nukes seem really OP. EQitems also gives SSB the highest primary score. Anyone done some parsing comparisons on bosses in DoN trying different things?

PRIMARY
    Spiked Steel Baton iconSpiked Steel Baton (quested) (score: 135979)
    Hammer of Rancorous Thoughts iconHammer of Rancorous Thoughts (quested) (score: 125384)
    Flayed Flesh Handwraps iconFlayed Flesh Handwraps (quested) (score: 123069)
    Spiritcaller Totem of the Feral iconSpiritcaller Totem of the Feral (quested) (score: 122163)Eternal Animist's Fury
    Crystal Hilted Shinai iconCrystal Hilted Shinai (dropped) (score: 114148)
    Crystal Dagger iconCrystal Dagger (dropped) (score: 111873)
    Aneuk Dagger of Eye Gouging iconAneuk Dagger of Eye Gouging (quested) (score: 109546)
    Ethereal Destroyer iconEthereal Destroyer (quested) (score: 108122)
    Zun'Muram's Scepter of Chaos iconZun'Muram's Scepter of Chaos (quested) (score: 106977)
    Mace of Grim Tidings iconMace of Grim Tidings (quested) (score: 106666)
    SECONDARY
    Spiked Steel Baton iconSpiked Steel Baton (quested) (score: 135979)
    Hammer of Rancorous Thoughts iconHammer of Rancorous Thoughts (quested) (score: 125384)
    Flayed Flesh Handwraps iconFlayed Flesh Handwraps (quested) (score: 123069)
    Spiritcaller Totem of the Feral iconSpiritcaller Totem of the Feral (quested) (score: 122163)Eternal Animist's Fury
    Crystal Hilted Shinai iconCrystal Hilted Shinai (dropped) (score: 114148)
    Crystal Dagger iconCrystal Dagger (dropped) (score: 111873)
    Aneuk Dagger of Eye Gouging iconAneuk Dagger of Eye Gouging (quested) (score: 109546)
    Ethereal Destroyer iconEthereal Destroyer (quested) (score: 108122)
    Zun'Muram's Scepter of Chaos iconZun'Muram's Scepter of Chaos (quested) (score: 106977)
    Mace of Grim Tidings iconMace of Grim Tidings (quested) (score: 106666)
  2. Appren Gnomercy

1st - Don't use EQitems (or rather, you can use it to search focus items etc, but their score system is mediocre at best, and at worst awful, absolutely appaling at times)

2nd - Go for highest damage ratio (usually dual wield), if its close, then the proc can play a minor role. (say, a rune proc vs a 150 dmg proc)

Something like Epic 2.0, followed by Flayed Flesh Handwraps, Hammer of Rancorous Thoughts, or Crystal Hilted Shinai are among the best.

Use Raidloot, sort by ratio.
    Xhartor likes this.
  3. Alnitak Augur

Handwraps of Captured Magic in Primary
    Zun'Muram's Scepter of Chaos in Secondary
  4. Appren Gnomercy

Mischief is well beyond GoD at this point! But hey, at least those would get him equipped for less than 50k pp!
  5. Alnitak Augur

Mah bad. "Spiked Steel Baton" confused me, I thought you are still in Gates.
    For Omens:
    Primary - Flayed Flesh Handwraps
    Secondary - Spiritcaller's totem of the Feral
    Appren likes this.
  6. Rando777 New Member

7. Bobbasta New Member

I have been meaning to parse this for my bard for a while. Without good double / triple attacks / flurry and with lower melee DPS in general I have heard a lot of people say that the proc weapons are higher DPS because bst and bard both get all the spell crit AA.

I have also heard people say that's nonsense.

I strongly suspect the only way to get a good answer would be to test copy and run a decent parse. Even then it may depend on how good your raid is at keep resist debuffs on the boss

On a related subject, I did parse DoN proc augs vs the tacvi damage augs and the proc augs we're significantly better for bard.
  8. Xhartor Augur

The only time there is a serious argument for larger proc over greater ratio is when bards get their self haste song in TBS with it's 110% boost to proc ratre. Using Luminous Froststeel Warclub the proc seemed to do around 250 DPS, in the main hand. The white damage was out damaging the proc by a fairly large margin.
  9. Scarredevolution New Member

As someone who has played a BST on selo from Luclin - TBM and currently a BST on Thornblade currently the best setup in DoN is Epic 2.0 in MH and offhand Flayed Flesh handwraps (I use Mace of Grim Tidings personally due to never seeing the handwraps drop) and I normally parse in the top 10 of my guild. DoDH you switch to Cryptwood Tonfa and Twinfang(or keep 2.0 in your offhand).

The time lapse proc weapons in my experience just dont proc often enough from all my testing ive done in PoP switching between Hammer of the Timeweavers/Mace of the Ancients to Timeweaver/Ethereal Destroyer I had far higher dps with Timeweaver/Mota with the pet augs from ldon than I did with ED getting procs
    Faydark likes this.
  10. Bewts Augur

TLDR: Procs are fancy, Ratio is king?
    Brildon and Appren like this.
  11. Appren Gnomercy

Pretty much
  12. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

With the increase in base damage from the AAs that every melee class gets now from leveling up those proc weapons are even more of a trap than they were 20 years ago.
  13. Takk Elder

I did some parsing with a raid geared BL during Demi era recently. With the Roley boomstick, it was slightly worse dps afkautoattack on test dummies. It was not that far off, though. So for the average case, it's close enough. The weapons are not a BAD choice. That said, the melee dmg will scale so much more off ADPS/discs/burns, so it's pretty well confirmed at least around that era that melee is better. Objectively.

Again, though, the proc weapons aren't awful. It's "close enough" but not "top the charts" numbers.
  14. Aandolas New Member

I basically run parses 24/7 and have tried some combination of most of the weapons listed by the OP. The highest parses I can find would be 2.0 / Mace of Grim Tidings. Although I suspect going with Flayed Flesh Handwraps in offhand would be better I haven't seen them drop yet. I dont mind the Mace in offhand though as the debuff procs quite often. I find on most fights longer than 30 seconds I can keep 100% uptime. I also choose to go with the pet summon aug in my primary as it seems to give much more consistent dps than the proc augs at our current DoN level of AAs.
  15. Stryker New Member

What about wep augs, are you better off going with dmg augs or the pet proc augs?
  16. Mrjon3s Augur

Seeing as DoDH just came out I would go with the pet proc augs.
  17. TheRealMuramx Elder

For bsts... it's all about the ratio. get the best ratio and a dmg proc and you will be good.
  18. Goodkitty Augur

Go with ratios, 1h, also get your LDoN pet proc augs. Enjoy dunking on the monks :). (unless your guild treats you like the fat kid on the kick ball team)
  19. Draxiss Darkmare New Member

Beastlords need to be using the anguish weapon for a long long time. Underfoot maybe? It's a huge one of a kind debuff you can't get anywhere else.

these are the pet proc augs that die out in demi? lol, Bst are never going to be "dunking" on monks.