With 25th anniversary so close, what would you all love to see?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by CapHerm, Oct 10, 2022.

1. CapHerm New Member

There are so many things that could happen for the games 25th anniversary. Could just be as simple as in game events, or if Dawnbreak were smart they would have a new game of some sort planned for the anniversary. I know some people want an EQ3 and I do think that would be great and the time is long past due. However I also think it would be amazing to see an Everquest game done in the vein of an offline RPG like Skyrim or Elden Ring. I would ADORE a version of EQ where each class is represented by one of the famous heroes in game with a higher power level than we players would usually have. The game has what like 28 expansions now? Pick the first 6-8 and make all that content the base game. Upgrade the graphics and make the rest of expansions blocked together as DLC.

So what does everyone else hope or think we see for EQs big 25th, because I know an offline EQ with updated graphics and or gameplay for the modern eras as unlikely as me waking to find myself in Morells Thules realm!
    Brontus likes this.
  2. Cicelee Augur

An announcement with an official sunset date.
    -----Cinexa----- likes this.
  3. Brontus EQ Player Activist

The announcement of EverQuest 3.
    -----Cinexa----- and CapHerm like this.
  4. Raltar Augur

Epic 3.0...I realize this is one of the least likely things to happen, but a man can dream.
  5. CapHerm New Member

As in like the game is closing down and ending all servers? If so are you just sick of the game and need help quitting or what??!?!?

Feels like that should be a realistic dream though! It would take them some work, but that seems a doable and very worthy way of celebrating the 25th anniversary. More feasible than a whole new game like I am hoping for. Though who knows, maybe if Dawnbreak partnered with Sony....see now THATS a dream.
    Coagagin and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  6. Jumbur Improved Familiar

A significant technical improvement to the overall game:
    Could be a new 3d-engine(with better lighting), or improved performance/input handling to make the player-controls more enjoyable(no more "confused mouse", when a frame is skipped, would be high on my list). Maybe new player models/animations. Client side prediction, so that other players/mobs moves more fluid. Server performance improvement, as some servers are hit hard by lag. There has been a lot of technological advances in game-tech, EQ1 could use them... EQ1 is just not running as well as it deserves imo.
    Stymie, Silvena and CapHerm like this.
  7. Zunnoab Augur

There is client side prediction that's what ghosting is when the server is bogged down, I think.
  8. Svann2 The Magnificent

Maybe a Ssraeshza Temple mission/raid, or even a permanent open zone such as they did with GMM.
  9. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Ever tried looking at how group-members are floating down with levitate enabled?(there is clearly some syncing problems). or use bind-sight on moving stuff more than 20 feet away or viewing someone dragging your corpse? or even just use auto-follow...

There might be some kind of "first generation client-side prediction", but its not very good. WoW did that part much better than EQ1...Player movement is not as fluid as it should be...
    Stymie likes this.
  10. Tucoh Augur

Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  11. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Hardcore Heritage Hardcore Heritage Lower Guk
    zleski likes this.
  12. Viper1 Augur

Why? Why put all that effort into something and then arbitrarily restrict it to 1/12th uptime? Why not make them permanent additions along side the base zone?
  13. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

"With 25th anniversary so close, what would you all love to see?"
    Ability to resurrect old deleted toons
  14. Tucoh Augur

2 reasons:
    1. Motivating players to stay subbed during quiet months.
    2. Consolidating players into fewer zones to make it easier to group (which is why I'm a big fan of daily hotzones at high levels).
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  15. Blarghest New Member

An AARP discount on stuff from the DB store.
    Ndaara, Coagagin and NatazzEvoli like this.
  16. Loup Garou De loop de loop

So in addition to the 10% paid accounts get already? How would one prove they are old?

It would just wind up being like some places that just give Seniors a cup of coffee free instead of any discount.
    Coagagin likes this.
  17. NatazzEvoli Elder

Epic 3.0s would be really cool as would a GMM-type of zone (Rework Ssra - huge zone and could have many camp spots).
  18. Tucoh Augur

Would take another chase item (ex: RZ earring) quest over epic 3.0s anyday. Doesn't have to be crafted, type 18/19 aug or anything. Just speaking purely from the quest content and length I'd rather have something all 16 classes participate in just so the content isn't split 16 ways.

If the chase item resulted in a class-specific item with a unique effect, that'd be great and would accomplish the same thing from a mechanic perspective that the epic 2.0s did. If it's a type18/19 aug item, that's fine too. I need all the accuracy I can get!
  19. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Unique class weapon/ornament+aug clicky effect, I’m fashion motivated. The non-visible earring didn’t make me excited. I prefer visual swag.
  20. Iven the Lunatic

No double forum threads. :rolleyes:

Two weeks ago...